Monday, October 26, 2020

A Day Of Sewing

Yesterday was cool with a high of 9C. The wind made it feel cooler. This morning it is -2C and it is suppose to get to 9C and stay that way until tomorrow evening.  

Lifestyle

It was a day downstairs in the sewing room for me after I cleaned the bathroom. 

I have eaten better for 2 days now and have felt much better. I have eliminated a few foods that I think were irritating my IBS. I have also cut portions to what I think are normal and am only have 2 small low point cookies with evening tea. I am hoping it is working to control the IBS, help remove the inflammation from my knees, and to loose weight.  

There were no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are 6 active cases in the province at this time all of which were contacted outside the Atlantic bubble. 

Sewing

I allowed myself the best part of the day sewing. It was a me day. I started off the day cutting out the jumper top and sewing it up. That was the easy part. Then I cut out the skirt and matching the plaids in the front was easy but the sides were hard. It can be done but I was not getting it. I actually ran out of fabric so used the best pieces. 

Sewing the skirt was also easy. It consisted of 4 pieces which matched beautifully. I serged the side seams prior to sewing them. Once done, I serged the hem prior to attaching the skirt to the bodice. Even the button holes went in perfectly. 

Though the blouse fits a bit loose in the body, the jumper fits perfectly. I found a piece of strapping that had 2 small D rings attached to it, cut it to size and used it for the belt. 

If I make this again, I will use a small print for the jumper and the blouse in a pastel. Or it could be the white blouse with a bright vintage print. 

Knitting

I worked on the sweater and got the 2nd half of the cowl collar done. I also cast on stitches for the back band and have a row or two left to knit before casting off and doing the other side. When done, I will be happy as I don't think I will knit this pattern again. 

Today

I have to be out for a while and hope I'm not too tired to make a mask or two this afternoon. I may knit tonight. I feel the push to get the sweater done and onto new projects. 

Until the next time............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment