Wednesday, October 07, 2020

Front Entrance Decorated Once Again

 Yesterday was another lovely fall day. The high got to 18C. This morning it is 11C and we will have some showers the weather forecast says. Rain tonight. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was more cleaning and the house is starting to look good. The bathroom was cleaned and both it and the kitchen floors were washed. Three loads of laundry was done and ready to be folded. 

I spent some time outside decorating the front landing. Everything had been put away because of Teddy. I dug all the fall items out and got busy. 

I would love a mat but it blows off on windy days. 


I need to buy an orange pumpkin to brighten this side up. The tall item is use to wind hanks of yarn into a skein and is hand made. I only put it out for the month of October. 

The winter flowers are out and the only plant that remains outside during the winter. 

The Spousal Unit started to fertilize the lawns yesterday. He is working hard at getting the yard ready for winter. He has one more bag to put on and then it will be time to put the vegetable boxes to bed for the winter. After we plant a bit of garlic as an experiment. 

Another day and no new cases of the virus. The province reported that the Atlantic Bubble won't be opened anytime soon. We take this one day at a time. 

Sewing

With housework taking up most of the day, I have not stepped foot in the sewing room except to get what was needed to ship out a parcel yesterday. 

The second dress of the Little Women series was released yesterday. It is Beth. There is only Jo and Amy left to go. I love these dresses and it has sparked something in me. 

The spark is to do 12 months of historical clothing that have some reference to books/movies. Little Women, Anne of Green Gables, Downton Abbey. These are not going to be rushed projects as I want to enjoy making them. I have a lot of fabric in the stash that can be used. 

Knitting

I knit for a couple of hours and realized I had made a mistake. I am two rows from having it unknit to the mistake. Grrrr. Instead of doing a purl row, I did a knit row and messed up the yoke. 

Today

Laundry will be folded, more housework done, and a bit of tidying up in the sewing room. The upstairs is ready for a big floor washing starting on Friday. I will knit but am not sure if I will get anything sewn or prepped for sewing today. 

Until the next time..........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment