Thursday, October 08, 2020

A Wake Up Call

 Yesterday was warm at 19C but not nearly as sunny as it has been. It was 12C this morning and it has rained during the night. Today it is suppose to remain at 12C all day with showers. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was spent folding laundry and doing more housework. All that is left is to sweep more floors and wash them. The house is looking good. I will continue to do laundry and clean until after the holidays. 

The Spousal Unit put the last of the fertilizer on the lawn, dug up the potatoes, and picked the last of the tomatoes. He had a busy day. All that is left is to remove the last of the tomato plants and prep the boxes for winter. 

We had no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are still 3 active cases in the province. Last night we got our wake up call. New Brunswick, the province next to us, reported 17 new cases yesterday. They had an outbreak in a nursing home in the Moncton health region. There are 2 more cases in the region connected to the outbreak. It makes you realize how fast the virus moves when it gets into a community. 

Sewing

I spent some time in the sewing room and swept the floor. Oh my, it was dirty. I also went through two bags of fabric and trim that a friend gave me. I have kept quite a bit of it and this was one piece I truly loved. 


The bag is now in the closet until I have more time to put it away properly. It's what I call contained. 


The third of the Little Women's dresses came out yesterday. This one is Amy and very cute. I'm waiting to see Jo's dress and then will post pictures of them all. 

Knitting

I picked up my knitting pace and finished the sweater set I was testing. 


I need to photograph it on the doll and submit it today. Then it's onto the next test pattern. That one I am looking forward to knitting. 

Today

I'm off shortly to give blood then home to do more housework and enjoy a bit of time in the sewing room. It may only be clean up but I'm happy to do that.

Until the next time..............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment