Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Cool And Crisp To Warm and Wet

 We have had clear and crisp with a low of -2C and a high of 10C and warm and wet with a low of 17C. We had over an inch of rain which we needed. 

Lifestyle

We are having a busy week. I was into the city yesterday to do some Christmas shopping and to get some groceries. No line ups at Costco and I was in and out in 25 minutes. Was to Walmart, no line ups there and it wasn't very busy. Up to Ikea, and no line ups there when I went in. Line ups were forming when I came out and also when I drove by Costco later on. I'm glad I went in early and did my shopping with less people around. 

After I got home, I was busy putting away groceries, doing the turkey soup, and packing a box to go to daughter. I had to have the label printed yesterday for free shipping. 

We had our phone appointment with the doctor today. The Spousal Unit is healthy but needs his puffer replaced as it was out of date. My thyroid is fine but my kidney function is still where it was (poor). I'm off most salt now and am to drink lots of water. I'm also going to start loosing weight again. I need to get this week over with so I can focus on that. 

There were no new cases of the virus reported today. We still have 4 active cases all of which are in isolation (one is still in ICU). 

Sewing

While shopping at Ikea, I looked for my desk in the center aisle of the warehouse. Though online said none, there were some and I grabbed one. I used a heavy duty swiffer cloth on that part of the floor and then washed it. It was dirty. But, I'm ready to assemble the desk to use. I'm a happy camper. 

I have one item to sew and the box can be shipped tomorrow. I did another item but Blogger is not allowing me to load the picture. It is very frustrating. 


After sending a note to Blogger, it is now working. 

Knitting

I'm still working on the sweater and had to unknit several rows of the sleeve. I had a large loop of thread that made two stitches very big. I'm caught up and ahead by 5 rows now. 

The Future

I have started planning for 2021. I am not sure what next year will bring but I'm thinking of how I can sew and enjoy it if we are still dealing with the virus. A few things I want to do are:

  • sewing historical clothing for the dolls
  • embroidery using files I bought and haven't used
  • sewing up some purse patterns I have on hand
  • sewing fall fair items and put away until I can put them physically into the fair. 

I am still wondering what I will give up as I need to work on other parts of my life particularly my health. 

Until the next time...............................................


No comments:

Post a Comment