Saturday, October 10, 2020

A Day Of Making Buns

 Yesterday was a cool but mainly sunny day. The wind died down during the day and the high got to 10C. This morning it is 9C and it looks like it will be a nice day. The high is to get to 20C. 

Lifestyle

It was a busy day of baking buns for Thanksgiving dinner. 

This is the recipe I use. I weight where I have the weight but you don't need to. I do this to keep the recipe as accurate as possible for grandson. Yes, I do weigh the buns to make sure they are all the same weight. 

I made 2 batches and both turned out really nice. 

While waiting for the dough to rise, I did 2 loads of laundry (blankets) and swept the floors. We are almost ready to start cooking for dinner tomorrow night. 

We are at day 7 with no new cases of the virus. I have to say we are very fortunate and people are being very careful. But we are a bit worried about the future with New Brunswick having 34 active cases. We have our plan in place to help keep us safe and healthy. Or we hope. 

Sewing

No sewing yesterday as I waited for version 3 of the pattern to be uploaded to the site. I hope to work on it Monday. 

Knitting

I am making great progress on the sweater. I should be able to finish the body soon and then will have the sleeves to do. It is a really cute sweater and a nice knit. 

Today

The plan is to sweep and wash floors, get things ready for cooking tomorrow, and start disinfecting surfaces. If I get into the sewing room, bonus. I will knit tonight. 

Until the next time..........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment