Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A Mask Sewing Day

 Our weather has been cooler with highs between 10 and 12C and lows down to 0C or lower. We've had sunshine and rain but no snow flurries as was forecasted last night. 

Lifestyle

On Monday I headed out to the quilt shop and then did a bit of shopping for us and Elliott. We both rested in the afternoon and went to grandson's soccer game at 3:45 p.m. They won by 1 point. It was cool and it rained off and on during the whole game. 

Yesterday we woke to it raining and we pulled out of the driveway at 7 a.m. to head to the hospital in Halifax. The traffic was heavy but not bad. Driving in the dark and rain was harder than the traffic. By the time we started around to to Halifax via Bayers Lake, it was daylight. Traffic in the city wasn't too bad until we got to Robie Street (hospital is there) and it was heavier but not bad. I also lucked out with the lights being in my favor. We got into the hospital 20 minutes early and the Spousal Unit was in to have his stitches removed 5 minutes after we arrived. We were out in good time, into Sackville for brunch and home by 10 a.m. 

We had no new cases reported on Monday and 1 yesterday. It is related to travel outside the Atlantic Bubble. There are 6 active cases now but no community spread. 

Sewing

On Monday morning, I went to the quilt shop to get shirt fabric for daughter. I found this lovely combination which I don't usually share here. But, I had to this time as the colors are totally out of my range of choice. 


She was asking for polka dots and this is tiny flowers that looks like polka dots. I hunted around for piping and found this fabric. 


And it was perfect as piping. 

I have to go back and get her some more fabrics for other shirts she wants to make. 

Yesterday, I headed down to the sewing room and spent quite a bit of time in it. It was mask making day. I made son-in-law two masks out of this fabric. 


I added round elastic cording to them so he can wear them with his hard hat. 

Next up was to see if I could use up the scraps from the doll's jumper. There was enough and I was able to do a decent job of matching the pattern. Not perfect but it's almost there. 


I will wear this one as I really need two masks. Three masks, 3 hours of work from cutting them out to finishing them up. 

Knitting

I am ready to sew the sleeves into the sweater. And, I hate this sweater. I'm not sure what it is; tension is slightly off, horrid pattern, or just me. It was a lot of work. Though I kept track of the rows, nothing is correct (tension) in length. The knitted sweater feels wrong (tension again) and the collar is not folding over correctly (tension and pattern). I will finish it and put it into the "you'll never sell this one" pile. The dolls will wear it for photo shoots. 

Today

We are out for hair cuts early this morning and then I need to do a rolled hem on a scarf for daughter. Presents need to be wrapped and I hope to get a parcel out tomorrow afternoon to her. Laundry needs to be done today also. It's the last week of free shipping and I'm trying to get all the loose ends caught up in the midst of a mess in the sewing room. Next week will be calm. 

Until the next time..............................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment