Monday, October 19, 2020

Test Pattern Started

 Though yesterday was cooler, it was a beautiful sunny day. The low was 0.6C and the high was 14C. It dipped to 1C during the night and was 5C at 6 a.m. It is suppose to be a cloudy day today with a high of 15C.

Lifestyle

I spent some time with the Spousal Unit getting the garlic ready for the garden. He was out and about doing it and got 7 cloves planted and covered with burlap. Later on, we will cover them with mulch of some sort. This is our first attempt at growing garlic so are excited to see what we get next fall. 

I did some work in the kitchen and got some clean up done. I'm trying to keep up on the house but with October being Xmas gift time to send out west, I feel the housework slipping away from me. I will work on trying to keep it up. 

There were two new cases of the virus reported yesterday. All were contacted outside the Atlantic bubble. We now have 6 active cases all of which were in isolation when diagnosed. 

Sewing

I spent a couple of hours in the sewing room yesterday. I got the bodice cut out for the test pattern and got the first sleeve inserted. It is a big sleeve with pleats in it. I took my time to make sure the pleats were the right size and it fit the armhole perfectly. 


With the way the bodice fits, I would make this dress sleeveless. It fits to perfection. 

Knitting

I worked on the second sleeve some more and have started to cast off for under the arm. The second repeat of the pattern is almost done. It is actually knitting up faster than I thought it would. It may get done by Christmas. 

Today

I am off to do more Christmas shopping today. I'm going to be wandering a bit looking for items. I plan on stopping at the fabric store for a few items I need. The only extra I am looking for is very light weight wool/poly suiting for coats to go with the historical clothing I am wanting to make. I would like to get the 2nd sleeve in the test pattern and do more knitting tonight. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment