Friday, October 02, 2020

Tomato Sauce

 Yesterday was a lovely fall day. The high got to 22C and the sun shone. This morning it was 12C at 6 a.m. It is cloudy out but they are forecasting sunshine. The high is to be 22-23C. 

Lifestyle

Tomatoes were done. What started off as stewed tomatoes......


Ended up as tomato sauce. 


We have 5 - 2 cup bags of sauce in the freezer and used almost 2 cups for dinner. 

After the tomatoes were cut up and before cooking them, we headed out to get Elliott's food and my medication. I had ordered his food by emailing the vet clinic. When we arrived, all the signs to phone for curbside pick up were gone. We can go inside now as long as we wear a mask and sanitize our hands. For now, it is nice to be able to pick up what we need. 

Back home, the cooking of the tomatoes, pureeing them and cooking the liquid down to a sauce commenced. The sauce was done and ready to cool at 2:15 p.m. I let it cool and bagged it and all was in the freezer by 3:30 p.m. One full day in the kitchen. 

Sewing

I did not enter the sewing room at all yesterday. 

Knitting

I worked on the pattern on the sweater body. I got it figured out how to keep the yarns from tangling. Well most of the time. I have to keep saying yarn over, yarn under as I knit. I'm also doing better at keeping a strand of yarn in each hand as I knit. 

Today

I'm thinking of tomatoes once again and I have to do some laundry. If tomatoes fall off the agenda, I will sew masks so they can be shipped out. I do need to get them done soon. Knitting tonight. 

Until the next time.....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment