Thursday, October 22, 2020

Testing A New Pattern

 Our weather has been warm and sunny, warm and wet, and cool and wet. Yesterday we had the warmest temperature near midnight. We also had 5 mm of rain. That is .2" of which I think may be wrong. It rained quite hard here for quite a while. This morning the temperature was 19C at 6 a.m. and we had rain earlier. Not sure what we will have for weather today. Probably showers, and some sun and cloud. 

Lifestyle

I got almost all the Christmas shopping done for the west coast. I will have the last box ready to go out on Wednesday of next week which means I will have to shop again tomorrow. We will go to New Minas to do it. A day out.

We have been 3 days with no cases of the virus. It is mentally draining waiting to see if we get a second wave but we are trying to move ahead with positive thoughts. If it happens, it happens and we are pretty much prepared. We can shop locally if necessary. On the upside, people are still following the health guidelines to keep people safe. 

Sewing

I set aside the red dress as it has been published and another pattern came out to be tested. It is a blouse and jumper and I got started on the blouse. 


The fabric seems to be a light weight linen I bought. I really don't like how the facing is showing but it will be hidden by the jumper. 

I bought a cute plaid in black, white, and red for the jumper and it will be an easy sew. The hardest part will be matching the plaid on the bias. 

Knitting

I did no knitting last night as I was not in the mood to tackle the pattern. I did pattern hunt for a sweater for daughter's cat. 


I need to find a skein of yarn to knit it up for him. 

Today

It is laundry day - I'm behind and need to get caught up. I do hope to sew this afternoon and maybe knit tonight. 
Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment