Wednesday, October 21, 2020

A Box Of Fun

Monday was cool and damp with a high of about 14C. Yesterday was warm and sunny with a high of 20C. This morning it is wet, damp, and 14C at 6 a.m. We are having a variety pack of weather this week. 

Lifestyle

Monday was spent in the city getting more Christmas shopping done. I am almost finished presents that need to go to daughter and son-in-law. One more short trip and I'm done. I did start on getting a few things for family here. 

One of the items I fell in love with that I bought was this wooden cat. 

It so reminds me of Elliott. 

Yesterday I cleaned the living/dining area and put the furniture back in it's original place. In the afternoon, the parcel from BC arrived at our front door and I had fun unloading it, wrapping this weeks gifts to go and packing the box ready to ship today or tomorrow. 

Sewing

In the box that arrived was more leather and ideas are rolling in my head for how to use it. I am going to start with a simple jacket that I have in the pattern stash. I want to pair it with the basic dress pattern. 

Also in the box was this lovely piece of fabric. 

I see at least two dresses from this piece. Both will be basic and I can knit a sweater to go with each one. 

The dress I was testing has been published. I have to decide if I want to finish it or scrap it. The next test pattern is out and one from Keepers Dolly Duds. I will be starting it after I look for fabric, which may mean a trip to the fabric store. 

Knitting

I knit on Monday but not last night. I'm working on the upper part of the sleeve where I am now decreasing. 

In the box was 6 skeins of yarn for knitting. Four are in a denim color and 2 are in a multi color. Lots of fun knitting coming up in the future. 

Today

We probably will head out to get a few things at the quilt shop this morning. Then I need to wash some fabric and cut out the pattern for the next test pattern. With it dull and damp outside, I need something fun to do. 

Until the next time...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment