Sunday, September 20, 2020

What Will Happen Next?

 Yesterday was cooler with a high of 15C. It was also windy with the wind coming in from the north. This morning it was 0C with frost. We have a repeat of yesterday today. 

Lifestyle

On Friday the Spousal Unit had 2 of the remaining 4 lesions removed. The one by his eye was fine; no bleeding. The one on his nose bled a lot and after a fair amount of pressure, we got it stopped. It was like he had a nose bleed. All was well until 3 a.m. when it started up again; not as bad as the first time. I had to make sure he didn't lift a lot or have his head down too much yesterday. He didn't like it but he did as told. 
We spent yesterday morning preparing for the arrival of Hurricane Teddy. We have the deck cleared of most everything, the BBQ pushed tight into the house in a safe corner, and the umbrella top and other deck furniture put into the shed. The items on the front landing are in the garage. We just have flower pots to put into the shed tomorrow afternoon. I have done the shopping and we are prepared for the arrival on Tuesday. Once the storm dies down, we can get out the generator and run it if we have no power. I will run the heat in the house to warm it up. Our game plan is in place and we will be fine. We even picked the pink roses. 
One rose in particular was beautiful. 
With everything that has been happening, I was ready to have a fight with anything at noon yesterday. I went and had a nap and woke up feeling better. It was from the lack of sleep and a lot of stress. 
There have been no new cases of the virus reported for 11 days now and there are no known active cases in the province. 

Sewing

I haven't done any sewing for a few days. I did play with an embroidery pattern that I would love to put on pillows for Christmas. 
I would love to make the pillows in navy blue with the trees and stars in white and dull silver. 
There are two patterns coming out to test that I am excited to make. Both are from Keepers Dolly Duds and one is from the Victorian/Edwardian era and the other is from the 1940 -50's. The designer has 4 more patterns she will put out for testing this fall. 

Knitting

I ripped out the second sleeve back to casting it on again. I picked up the wrong needle and was happily knitting it on smaller needles. I will be setting it aside today to start testing a pattern. It is one I have already knit. 

Today

It is house cleaning day and tonight I will knit. I won't be in the sewing room until tomorrow at the earliest. 
Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment