Sunday, September 27, 2020

Warming Up For a Lovely Week

 Yesterday was warm with a high of 23C. The sun shone for most of the day. Last night it was warm with a low of 14C. By 6 a.m. it was 16C. We are to have another warm day with a very warm night. Actually we have warm weather for the next week. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I cleaned more of the kitchen. The top cupboard shelves were wiped down and organized. When I got to the microwave, I decided to see how to clean the filters and learned there is a charcoal filter. A good hour was used up cleaning that area of grease and dust. The hardest part was putting it back together. The little screws didn't want to go back in properly. I have to take it apart again when I replace the charcoal filter. 

I did a bit of searching on painting kitchen cupboards and had a bit of success on prepping them. The big item was wiping the doors and drawers with disinfectant wipes to remove dust and grime. I'm going to wipe mine today for grime to see how well it works. 

I keep looking at the hedge and what needs to be done. I need to get back out to it but the weather and appointments put it on hold. My last session left me with several thorns in my fingers. Slowly they are festering and I am working them out. Most are tiny but I've removed two that have been 1/8" long. As I squeeze they come up from deep in my skin. 

Sewing

My plan to clean the sewing room was thwarted. Grandson was over and needed to be helped with his homework. He would read his work to me, we would talk, and he would write more. He did well. 

Knitting

I unknit the sleeve to the ribbing and then did the increase row. I'm back to doing the design and, hopefully will do lots on it tonight. 

Today

More upper kitchen cabinets will be cleaned and the doors wiped to see if wipes remove grease as claimed. I'd like to do some cleaning in the sewing room as it really needs to be done and then knit. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment