Thursday, September 10, 2020

Beginning to Clean the Sewing Room

Yesterday was another warm day with a high of 26C and a humidex of 33C. The temperature this morning is 17C. Today is suppose to get to 29C and we prepare for rain. 

Lifestyle

I was slow yesterday as my sciatic nerve is bothering me once again. But, we delivered tomatoes for someone who arrives tonight and begins his self isolation. 
After supper, I climbed up on the ladder several times to fix the smoke detectors as they were chirping. All was quiet until 5:45 a.m. this morning. I have one to check again -- the battery may be low even if I did put expensive ones in the 5 smoke detectors in this house this spring. 
There were no cases of the virus reported yesterday. I've been watching another province's numbers (daughter lives there) and have had to stop as it was stressing me out. I realized it is out of my control to do anything about it. I'm limiting my time looking at the information. 

Sewing

Before lunch, I spent 1 hour in the sewing room. I started cleaning off the cutting table and it looked like this at noon. 
I was in such a rush to start I forgot to take a before picture. There is still some items to deal with on the table and it will get done. 
Once the table was cleaned off, I made 3.5 meters of piping. I got the fabric cut into bias strips and the bias strips sewn together before lunch. 
After lunch and before I finished the bias, I had to deal with this chair. 
Most of the fabric went into the doll's, the fabric on the back of the chair onto the table to be sewn and I made piping. 

The piping was bagged with a spool of extra thread as I had 3 spools in the drawer. 


Once done, I got the broom and swept the floor in the desk area. The floor is ready to wash. 

I also laid out the fabric that will be piping. Missing is the red fabric that is under the rotary cutter. 
In all it was a good day in the sewing room with a lot done. 

Knitting

None was done last night. 

Today

I've fixed the smoke detector again this morning. I have laundry to do, some cleaning upstairs and then downstairs to sew more piping and do a bit more cleaning up. 
Until the next time........................................................