Saturday, September 05, 2020

Selfless Sewing

Thursday was a cooler day with a high of 25C. The low temperature was 17C. Yesterday the low was 16C and the high 27C. This morning it was 14C and the sun was shining. A truly lovely morning. Today it is suppose to be sunny and have a high of 24C.

Lifestyle

It has been a busy couple of days. We were down the valley to look at a home some people bought. They will start arriving next weekend. Their house is lovely. 
We didn't do much yesterday as I had selfless sewing to do. Our neighbor arrived before dinner and we sat out on the deck visiting. We had a delightful visit. 
This morning I have been shopping and got that out of the way. After cleaning the pantry, it was a fast shopping spree, 40 minutes from leaving the house to arriving home again. 

Health

I have been working on what I can control and it is helping. The mother in me has me worried about things beyond my control. All I can say is wear a mask and let it go. I am spending more time what I can control -- us following the rules set by the province which is our new normal. 
We are at day 4 with no new cases of the virus. Schools and universities start on Tuesday. Will we see a spike or not? The big question at this time. 

Sewing

Yesterday morning I hemmed 2 pairs of grandson's uniform trousers. I got both pair done in less than 2 hours and watched a bit of TV while doing it. There is one pair left to do along with 2 more masks. 
I did look at the sewing room with disgust yesterday. It is so messy that I was ready to shovel everything into a dumpster. I do not feel inspired or creative in there. It is a mess as I have done a lot of stress sewing. I've been using it as a dumping ground rather than put things away. I won't even take a picture of it, I'm so upset with how it looks and affects my creativity. I've decided to put away things for 15 minutes before I can sew starting. That begins on Monday. It will be a box that I will be mailing to daughter -- fabrics, a bit of thread, and piping I'm going to make. 

Craft

I saw this displayed in a house listed for sale. I look at houses that are staged for sale for ideas. This was a great one. 
I'll keep my eyes open for the small wooden crates. I have the LED candles and will buy white berries for the inside. An idea for Christmas. 

Knitting

No knitting last night again.

Today

With the grocery shopping done, we are thinking of heading out for a short drive and home for the rest of the day. Not sure what will be happening at home other than keeping the house cool. I may hem the 3rd pair of pants in the big mess.  
Until the next time.....................................