Monday, September 07, 2020

A Busy Day

Yesterday the high got to 23C. The sun shone until mid afternoon and it clouded up and we had a short shower. It did clear off again. This morning it is 8C and foggy. It is suppose to be sunny and 25C today. 

Lifestyle

Daughter-in-law and I went to the city yesterday morning. We did Walmart (not busy), Costco (line up, but in and out in 15-20 mins) and Ikea. We did not go into Ikea as the line up was longggggg and what was needed was out of stock. On the way home, we stopped at Cobbs. A very quick trip for us. 
Our neighbor (and fabulous friend) was over with 2 pints of salsa for us. It looks yummy and we will enjoy it this winter. 
While in Walmart, I did find a yellow facecloth and hand towel. I put them into the container in the downstairs bathroom. 
I need to roll one of the facecloths again and pull up one of the blue ones. I am liking the yellow and blue together, very cheerful. I'm wondering if I use this combination it upstairs also. The upstairs blue is more of a denim color and needs a bright color to go with it. 
We had no new cases of the virus reported yesterday. There are 3 active cases in the province. Not too bad considering 6500 university students and 150 (approx.) boarding school students have entered the province since mid August. 

Sewing

I took the box to the sewing room and put daughter's fabric into it. Half filled the box. I also got 2 fat quarters on the cutting table to make into piping. I will be putting them into a tray so they are tidy and ready to make during the week. 
Two packages arrived with fabric that daughter had ordered for bags. I am keeping them and will make them starting in January. 
These two will be pockets for the triangle bag. I will line them with a light colored fabric and then choose coordinating fabrics for the bags. 

This is a quarter meter strip of fabric and I'm not sure yet how I will design the bag. This one is a bit of a challenge for me.  
I am thinking about fall fair sewing for next year. I bought this pattern on sale. I am only going to sew the dress and probably in pink or blue. The goal is to embroider flowers on the bodice in pink or yellow with green foliage. A challenge for this winter. And, I will buy extra fabric for mistakes. 
Butterick 4110
But, first, it is to clean the sewing room and make piping. 

Knitting

I knit and I unknit last night. I dropped a stitch. I am also having issues as the tip of the needle is moving and causing the yarn not to slide off the needle. I need to see if I have that size in the needle stash and then replace this one. I have literally worn this needle out from knitting so much. 

Today

The morning is in the kitchen as I have several things I need to do. The afternoon is making masks for grandson and I hope to knit tonight. 
Until the next time...................................