Thursday, September 24, 2020

Teddy Hugs Us Twice

Teddy gave us hugs on both Tuesday and Wednesday. He arrived with some light rain Tuesday at 9 a.m. and then let us know he was around for the day. He backed off during Tuesday night. A nice rain until 4 a.m. when he decided to up the volume of the wind and rain. It was heavy winds and rains until mid afternoon. It was cool (9-15C) and wet. 3.5 inches of rain fell. 

Lifestyle

On Tuesday, the Spousal Unit was out before breakfast to uncover the tomatoes and put the blankets in the garage. After that it was wait and see how the tomatoes faired. No damage at all as they were buffered by the shed. 

On Tuesday, I vacuumed the upstairs and cleaned up some rooms. The couch got a good cleaning of Elliott's hair. It was nice to get that done. 

Wednesday morning we had no power for 45 minutes so coffee was late. I dusted the furniture and mopped water up off the garage floor where it leaked in by the doors. We had no damage done by the storm and it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. But, we were happy we prepared like it would be a bad storm. 

I thought my IBS issues were caused by stress but it was from salsa. I can have it occasionally but not daily like I was. 

We had one case of the virus reported on Tuesday and it seems as if that person could be in intensive care. No new cases were reported yesterday. 

Sewing

I haven't done any sewing though I want to make masks soon. I do have shorten curtains for family's bedroom but have time to work on it a bit each day. 

Knitting

The hat is done and I'm almost done the stranded knitting part of the first sleeve. I'm trying a new method of knitting and it is helping me keep the balls from tangling. It is hard to hold the knitting correctly when you have 24 stitches in the round. I persist. 

Today

I need to fold laundry prior to heading out to have the car serviced. I will knit tonight unless I am too tired. The alarm clock buzzed at midnight and then again 15 minutes later. That woke me up for quite a while. Not funny then, but humous now.

Until the next time...................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment