Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Another Busy Day

From Facebook
Yesterday was a lovely sunny day. The high got to 25C. This morning it was 16C and cloudy. The high is to get to 29C. It could be a warm, humid day.

Lifestyle

We started the day off getting a chair for downstairs. It is perfect for the sewing room's desk. It came from daughter-in-law. 
Once home, I cleaned the cupboard above the fridge and set up a couple of areas that I had neglected after Christmas. It was fun to wipe off the dishes and put them out. I got out the pieces of antique silverware and cleaned them. I put a layer of foil on the bottom of a glass dish, sprinkled on 2 tbsp each of salt and baking soda. The pieces were put on top of that. I boiled water and then let it cool for 30 seconds and poured it in. I was amazed at how the tarnish started to lift. I used a micro fibre cloth to polish them and they are shiny. 
Once that was done, the fridge was cleaned. I'm trying to do it on a regular basis now. In the afternoon, I made dinner (pirogies and cabbage rolls) and swept the floors. We had a wonderful dinner with family which allowed them to go home and pack some more (they have a big kitchen reno starting soon). 
We had one new case of the virus reported yesterday. It is to be expected. 

Sewing

I headed down to the sewing room right after lunch and got the last 2 masks sewn for grandson. 
The pattern is another Mia mask. I have to take off the side pieces and cut the mask back by 1" to fit grandson's face. They are too wide for him. That will be done today for delivery. 
As I made the masks, I looked at the cutting table (yuck) and have decided it will be cleaned first. It is annoying me to no end (as is the chair at the corner desk). At first I had thought of sewing my way through it but that isn't happening. Some will be pressed, folded and put away for future projects. I can hunker down and sew for the next few months with minimal shopping. 

Knitting

No knitting was done last night. 

Today

I will be cleaning up the area beside the fridge and cleaning the outside of the fridge. Though I keep it wiped, it needs a good shining. This afternoon, I will fix grandson's masks and start cleaning up the cutting table. I do hope to knit tonight. 
Until the next time............................