Monday, September 28, 2020

Starting To Clean The Sewing Room

 It is almost 2 a.m and I'm up due to being thirsty and warm. The temperature is 21C and the humidex is 25C. It got to 25C with a humidex of 29C. At 6 a.m. it is 19C with a humid of 26C. For almost the end of September, this is certainly lovely warm weather. Today is suppose to be about the same. Warm, humid, sunny with clouds. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit has been busy outside. He has got rid of the Early Girl tomatoes as they were done producing. The Romas have lots of tomatoes that are semi ripe and they will be picked before the next frost. He also mowed the lawn which, unfortunately will not be the last mowing of the year. 

I cleaned more of the kitchen yesterday morning. The top cupboards are cleaned. I'm happy about that. I had degreased the dirtiest of the top cupboards but took the time to wipe them with a disinfectant wipe. That removed the last of the grease so I will be wiping all the cupboards with wipes at least once a week. 

I also used disinfectant wipes to spot clean the kitchen ceiling. The cloths were used to clean out the air exchange vent in the ceiling. It had quite a bit of dirty fluff in it. I need to find out who cleans these systems. I'm now ready to clean the bottom cupboards and scrub the floor on my hands and knees. 

We are once again, counting the days with no new cases and are at day 5. The only active case is recovering. We wonder if we will have a second wave of the virus or will we continue to keep the curve flattened? We really don't know. 

Sewing

I spent a good 2 hours in the sewing room yesterday cleaning. I swept the floor in the sewing/doll area. Full of dust bunnies and thread webs.

As I worked along the back wall, I realized that one of the quilted items had about 12" of binding left to sew down. I did that job and put it away. 


I have one more wall hanging to finish the binding on -- Halloween. It will get done as I don't want them lying around collecting dust. 

I also spent some time sorting through the doll clothes. The Spousal Unit watched as I cut button and snaps off the outfits I really don't like. I trashed them. Why did they go? 

  • The yarn and pattern were not a good marriage. This could be using the wrong size needles, the yarn was horrid, or the pattern had wonky areas in it. 
  • The pattern and fabric were a bad marriage. That happens. 
  • The pattern was not what I liked. I've tested patterns that I truly dislike and I am not afraid to trash them. 
  • The fit is horrid -- too small or too big or plain unusual. 
In the end, I have some outfits I need to try and sell. Some I will keep as they are special in my mind. The Gotz doll outfits may be the hardest to sell but I will try. Now to figure out what venue I will use and where I will photograph the outfits for sale.

Other than wipe down the doll's cube, I got it cleaned up and more presentable. No unnecessary items in them. 



Once that is done, I will resweep the floor, clean up the sewing machine cabinet and scrub the area. Then onto the next area of the sewing room. 

Knitting

I knit on and off late yesterday afternoon and evening. I have the first sleeve almost done. I am happy with it now. Once the other sleeve is done, the sweater will move along quickly. 

Today

We are up to New Minas to the respiratory therapist. Then we need to pick up LED light bulbs, and lastly to the used book store. We will have lunch in Coldbrook and should be home mid afternoon. I may or may not knit tonight. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment