Saturday, September 12, 2020

A Touch of Frost

Yesterday was a cooler day with a high of 16C. It cleared off last night and the temperature was 4C. We had a touch of frost. Today is suppose to be 20C and sunny. 

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit and I spent some time researching how to get our lawn ready for fall. After we were done, we headed out to get fertilizer. 
After lunch, I sat down to have a rest and woke up over an hour later. Before I could really wake up, I was out helping the Spousal Unit with the weed spray. He happily sprayed weeds while I woke up. 
We were outside after dinner to cover the tomato plants due to the frost warning. We have learned to move when they say a risk of frost. And 4C can bring frost. 
I woke at midnight to the smoke detectors chirping. The whole situation is stressing me. So I was on google trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. I tried something new - don't take out the power before taking out the battery. Do it after taking out the battery. Both detectors sounded better doing that and they haven't chirped in 8 hours. We wait and see. 

Sewing

None done yesterday. I was just too tired to think about cutting out piping. 

Knitting

I finished the sleeve. Using the right needle sizes makes for a better sleeve size. 

Today

I was going to weed the hedge but there is so much dew that I'll be soaking wet in 5 minutes. I may go out mid morning for an hour. I will do some housework. This afternoon I want to make more piping and tonight knit on the 2nd sleeve. 
Until the next time.............................