Wednesday, September 02, 2020

A Thoughtful Day

Yesterday was a gorgeous day -- sunny, warm, and a light wind. My kind of day with a high of 23C. This morning it was cool at 7C but the sun is shining. The high is suppose to be about the same as yesterday. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was budget and paying the bills day. It started out rough as the budget wouldn't balance. I finally realized what was wrong, corrected it, balanced, and finished up in reasonably good time. Bills were paid and done before lunch. We did a run to pay utility bills in the afternoon. 
I rested in the afternoon as my shoulder was painful. It just needed to be rested and probably could use one more day. 
The Spousal Unit gave away about 12 lbs of tomatoes yesterday along with 4 cucumbers. We still have well over 100 lbs of tomatoes ripening. 

Health

I have been feeling anxious lately. Part of it was about the bags that I made. I thought they needed to be at their destination this Friday but it's not until next Friday. I'm anxious to get the yard work done, the house cleaned, and much more. My body and mind have been shutting down which is making me more anxious. While sitting with my sore shoulder, I realized that I need to look at things in smaller chunks. I have to focus on how I can do so many things that got out of control due to weather, commitments, etc. 
I have decided that I will start to breath deeply and look at my health. Being anxious is not fun. My jaw hurts from clenching it. My IBS has flared up some. I need to commit to a plan. 
I am going to  
  • monitor my diet with portion control and healthy foods. 
  • do something either inside or out in the mornings. 
  • sew and knit more of what I want to do after I finish up grandson's school uniform
If I have to stop some things, I will. If I have to take a break from sewing and knitting test items, I will. 
Another item that has been causing me anxiety is the virus. I feel safe but know we may have to go into self isolation again if the number of cases take a spike. Are we ready (panic)? How long will it last? And what will life look like? I am not worried about what others think, I'm worried if we are ready to do this again. 
I will continue to work through these scenarios and try to calm my anxieties. 
There were 0 new cases of the virus yesterday. With 6,500 students coming in from outside the Atlantic bubble we will see how the regulation of self isolating and testing will work and if the numbers remain low. The other good thing - we have is no community spread. This has kept me feeling safer. 

Sewing and Knitting

I did nothing yesterday in either area. I was going to start a mask and didn't. I couldn't knit as my shoulder was too sore. And I felt like a wreck. So I sat and did my thinking. 

Today

I am going to start kitchen clean up. The pantry is the first area that will be done. I also want to sew a mask this afternoon. And maybe knit tonight. 
Until the next time....................................