Tuesday, September 29, 2020

The Last Appointment For September

 Yesterday was warm and somewhat humid. The high got to 27C with a humidex of 32C. When I got up this morning, it was 22C with a humidex of 28C. The a/c has been on for the past 24 hours. Today is to get to 23C with a humidex of 30C and we could see showers. 

Lifestyle

We were out until 1:30 pm yesterday. I took my CPAP sim card to the respiratory therapist to be read and all is good. I am being well treated. After that we headed to get some LED light bulbs as we need a few more to replace bulbs. 

The Spousal Unit wanted to see if this year's crop of apples were ready and we got both Honey Crisp and Sweet Tango varieties at Scotia Gold. The price is the best and they are brought out of cold storage daily. Going through the store to pay was a maze but an interesting one. 

Our last stop before lunch was the used book store. The Spousal Unit got quite a few books and I got one. I'm set for the winter now and he will need to go back in December. We noticed that the one way arrows were removed from the aisles but there is a limit on how many people can be in the store at once which is less than before. That has changed since our last visit. 

Elliott was cuddly when we got home and just before dinner he was in the chair soaking up the sunshine. 

Yesterday was the 6th day of no new cases and one active case remains. It was the first day we met a person who refuses to wear a mask which are mandatory inside any business. He was also vocal as we had to wait outside as the business would only allow 5 people to line up at once to get their lunch made. It was a first for us also at this chain. We understand the safety behind it.  We are adjusting to the new normal in our province. 

Sewing

I had a nap yesterday rather than work in the sewing room. I had hit exhaustion with the heat, not sleeping well at night, and worrying about everything. 

Knitting

I have the second sleeve almost done. I have about 15 rows of plain knitting to do before I can start the main body of the sweater. 

Today

I am hoping to do more cleaning in the kitchen and sewing room and knit. I may go out and get my medication but may save that until tomorrow morning's 7 a.m. shopping. 

Until the next time.............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment