Friday, January 25, 2019

The Storm Has Passed

Yesterday the storm hit. The temperature rose to 14C or 57F, the wind blew and it rained in the evening. Today is cooler at 7C but it is calm with chances of drizzle. 

Lifestyle

I did a lot of sitting yesterday. I was exhausted, sore, and felt ill. By yesterday afternoon, I felt less ill and did get up and move around. This morning, I feel better. 
Son and grandson arrived at our house mid afternoon. Grandson played with Elliott and gave him treats. Near the end of his visit, he barricaded the way into the living room to give Elliott treats if he got out. This is what happened. 
He escaped pronto when he heard the pantry door open. We  had a good laugh at his escape route. 

Health

I have been working on my "why" for weight loss and it goes along the line of moving better, being healthier, and enjoying life. It keeps changing as I work on it. 
I have also been changing up my eating habits. I spent some time thinking about what I have been eating and what I need to eliminate from the food list. Two items stood out immediately -- bread and cheese. 
I am now eating 1 slice of bread a day and can have another grain if necessary (rolled oats in meatloaf last night). I am getting enough carbs from fruit and vegetables and can have some dip for my vegetables if I want. 
Cheese has been leaving my diet for a bit now. Though I like it for a protein, it is a food the upsets my digestion tract. I finally laid cheese to rest yesterday. Do I miss it? Yes. Cheese on scrambled eggs and vegetables binds the combination together. But I will survive and have it once in a while as a treat. 
I am going to set up my reward plan for weight loss. I have to come up with a 10 lb. loss reward. Maybe a new bullet journal. 

Sewing

No sewing yesterday. I did think and am looking at ideas for a farm theme with a twist. I need to go to the dollar store and get 2 ceramic bunnies to photographing outfits with. 
I am also wanting to sew a kusput for the dolls. I have ideas up my sleeve for what I want. It could come from the stash or I may have to buy a piece. The whole outfit I am thinking about will take time to sew and knit. But it is achievable. 

Knitting

I finished hat #5 and am happy that I am down to knitting one more. 
These are the 4 that will be barrel racing prizes in August. 
The last one will either be black sparkle or light denim. I'm still thinking of getting the denim for a sweater for myself. I do love denim. 
I also worked on the doll's dress and did quite a bit of unknitting due to me missing yarn overs or doing the last few stitches wrong. I have about 10 rows left to knit. 
I am not happy with the yarn as it had some lumps and knots in it and when I looked at the bodice, two stitches has grey thread in it. It was spun right into the yarn. I have two more balls of this yarn to use up and I will move on to another brand that I like. I will make this dress again as it is a lovely pattern. 
The test pattern has a 3/4 sleeve jacket that I will make in a white yarn that came from Mary Maxim.  The jacket will be kept for an outfit, especially if I knit the dress again. It might just become a staple for dresses as there is a short sleeved version. 

Today

We are heading out to shop and on the way home I will stop at the fabric store to look at their new fabrics and buy a couple of pieces towards the farm outfits with a twist. 
Until the next time...............

No comments:

Post a Comment