Saturday, December 10, 2022

Learning to Walk Properly

 Yesterday was another cloudy day with rain in the morning. The high got to 3.5C and about .3" of rain fell. The wind started blowing from the north during the late afternoon. This morning it was -1C and the high today is to get to 0C and then cooling off in the afternoon to -3C. We could have freezing rain or flurries. 

Lifestyle

I set the timer on my phone and headed downstairs to clean up the Christmas ornaments I had walked away from about a 5 days ago. I stuffed all the old paper into a bag to recycle and then got out a tub for the ornaments I will give away. All were wrapped and put into the tub. The ones I'm keeping were wrapped and put into their tub. I put it all under the stairs for now. 

I had a great but tiring session at physio yesterday. I did the walking one using 20 lbs of weights and added a rising on my toes and heels to the last set of 10 walks. I did the lunges for each leg also. Next up was the balance board. I had to stand on it two different ways for 2 minutes each. It was when I stood on it that the therapist noticed I put more weight on my left side so we are now working on me standing more equally on both legs. I got a lesson on how to walk so I put equal weight on both legs. There was the stretching which helped, some rotating of the knee and groin area and finally the current and heat. The focus has been on stretching and it is now on both stretching and strengthening. I was tired at bedtime last night and slept well with little to know pain. 

After lunch I had to rest as I was tired. Once I had recovered, I walked the length of the house many times practicing my balanced walking with and without the cane. It was good to get help with walking. The next time I am taking my cane and in January I will take the walking poles to get help using them. 

Once rested, I got busy and made a batch of butter tarts. Half have raisins and the other half have pecans. These will be for Christmas Eve. I cleaned up the kitchen and am ready to bake buns today. 

Sewing

After cleaning up the Christmas mess, I set the timer for the sewing room. I got the page protectors out and put the last of the papers in them. Both binders are done and I'm happy. I moved a bunch of stuff around on the table doing a fast sort before the timer went off. I'm pleased with what I got done before heading out for physio. 

After a big search, I found the straight stitch needle plate and Q embroidery foot for the Diamond sewing machine. I will be buying them very, very soon. I was told by an embroidery expert that they will both improve the embroidery on the machine and what I am using is out of date. 

I found out that I won the Quilt Builder Card Deck from the new quilt shop. I may have to make some of these and put them into a quilt once I have a look at the block designs. 

I bought the cardinal in the trees embroidery design as it was on sale for almost 65% off the regular price. I also bought the Grinch Head which was $1.00 off the regular price. I'm hoping to embroider the Grinch Head onto a small gift bag before Christmas. 

Knitting

I worked on the parasol and had to rip back 1 round only yesterday. A dumb mistake on my part. I am now doing the scallop cluster (last row) and am happy with the results of this project. 

Next project will be a doll's sweater in grey. If not I may have to buy a skein as it goes with an idea I have in my head for a doll's wardrobe. 

Today

My goal today is bake buns and clean the living room. I am sure I can do most of it. In the afternoon, I would like to clean the design table in the sewing room and press the fabric for the towel toppers. I have to practice my walking. Tonight I would love to finish the parasol. 

Until the next time....................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment