Tuesday, December 27, 2022

A Lazy Day -- I Was Lazy

 Yesterday was another decent day with a high of 0.2C. We had no snow but some wind. This morning it is -2C and we are to have a few flurries or rain showers and a high of 4C. 

Lifestyle

I was tired yesterday and didn't do as much as I had hoped to. I put away the Christmas gifts and tidied up the part of the kitchen. I did quite a bit of resting in between the jobs. I guess I could say I was lazy after several busy days. 

After lunch I went over to son's and ordered a TV for upstairs. I still need to buy a stand for it. I have a couple of ideas I'd like to pursue later on. One is new furniture and putting the TV and stand against the long wall with a couch(?) and chair(s) in the room. I am thinking on this to see if I want to do it or not. That will be late 2023 as I want to have the house painted first. 

The TV upstairs is so I am not watching movies off the iPad and trying to follow a pattern at the same time. This way my iPad will be free as I can use the apps on the TV. 

Sewing

When I put away all the sewing related Christmas presents I took out the flannel and zippers for the pillows. I also got out the pattern and fabric for the doll's stole. I'm ready to sew when I have done some cleaning in the room. 

I watched Cricut Kick Off Day 1 for the Cricut Maker. I watched several years before I found 2023. I registered but somehow couldn't find the link (which I did this morning in the Junk folder). It was unboxing and hooking up a Cricut Maker to your computer or hand held device. I learned quite a bit. 

I am still thinking about buying the Cricut Maker and decided to see what Boxing Day prices were. Not good until I stumbled across the sale at Costco. Excellent price (about half price) and free delivery so I am thinking of ordering one. I will be talking to my neighbour today about ideas. We bounce ideas off each other all the time. 

Knitting

I was knitting away merrily and saw I had made a mistake back before adding the sleeves. I had to unknit a good 8 rows to fix the mistake. I now have to figure out what row I am on and start again. It will be easier this time to figure out what I am suppose to be doing when decreasing the raglan sleeves. 

Today

I need to do more housework, visit my neighbour about the Cricut, and knit tonight. I don't think I need to be out to shop unless son needs something. 

Until the next time...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment