Monday, December 19, 2022

I Read A Book

 Yesterday was "dry" compared to Saturday. There was mist vs rain until late in the afternoon when it started to rain. The high got to 3.6C. This morning it is 1C and the high is to get to 1C. The big question is - will we get rain or snow today?

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I went down to the family room and finished wrapping presents. It wasn't hard to do once I had what I needed and ideas in my head. All I need to do now is take them over to family's and put the under the tree. 

Once done the wrapping, I made our neighbours a batch of butter tarts to go with the gift I made them for being so helpful this past year. They are wonderful people. 

I read a book yesterday. It was "Premeditated Myrtle" by Elizabeth Bunce who also loves dolls. This book is for children about 10-12 years old, a mystery which Myrtle helps solve, and a real delight to read. The setting is in the Edwardian period in England which is right up my alley. I will have to get the next book "How to Get Away With Myrtle".

I was over to see son yesterday after lunch and he is doing well. His shoulder is healing and he is able to do more though he can't lift anything with that arm. 

Sewing

I threaded the Diamond, changed the needle, and tested it out after having "issues" with it the day before. It stitched perfectly so all is well. I will take it in to be serviced in early January to make sure it is ready for another year of sewing piping and embroidering. 

I cut paper and wrapped boxes on the cutting table. I looked at the stash and wondered how much I've sewn since Sept. 2019. I did some rough calculations and it is over 200 meters. I bought around 70 meters and most of it has been sewn up. I did not realize I had so much quilting fabric in the stash and am happy that it is being used up. 

When looking for fabric for the gift bag that didn't happen, I found more of the red/black/white striped fabric. If there is enough, I will be piecing it together and making another towel topper for me. If not, I will try to use it for a doll's top so it is gone from the stash. Something quick and easy. 

I also spent some time looking at embroidery files. I have a lot of them and will be using them on gift bags this coming year. I have plenty of Christmas files so I'm not short when making gift bags. I need to make about 10-12 this year so I'm aiming for one a month. 

Knitting

I am taking a break from knitting and am reading. I will probably spend a bit of time looking at the patterns I have and decide on what I am going to knit next. I'm thinking of something for the Gotz dolls as I haven't knit for them this year. 

I did steam the stole and got it on Addy to photograph. I quite like this pattern but am not sure if I will knit it again or not. 

Thoughts

    I am coping with Christmas better than I thought I would. I'm glad I took the time to decorate in a less traditional way using decorations we both love. The Spousal Unit would have enjoyed what I did if he were with us. 

    I am realizing that I must eat less rich foods (chocolate, cream, etc.). I have decided that I will continue to make freezer meals that I like and enjoy eating. I can eat desserts but smaller portions. Once Christmas baking is done, I will start cooking more of the freezer meals as I have none left. 

    This week is going to be a busy one for me. I have to make buns, sausage rolls, and 2 salads for Christmas. I will be out three times this week and need to think about what I want to eat for 3 nights. A lot of time in the kitchen which I will enjoy. 

Today

I am going to do a bit of housework and then cook a turkey roll for dinner. I am having my neighbour over for dinner tonight which will be nice. If I have time, I may try and clean off the design table or at least take everything off it so I can start working on it. I need to get this area cleaned up so I can  start work on the rest of the room. 

Until the next time.................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment