Saturday, December 17, 2022

A Dull Day of Resting

 Yesterday was another grey day but it wasn't depressing. The high got to 2.5C. This morning, we are under a storm warning (snow and rain) and the temperature was 2C. The high is to get to 3C. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I did the grocery shopping. The store was starting to get busy and I was happy to get out of there. When I go back to get the fresh vegetables, I will go at 7 a.m. in hopes of missing the crowds. 

At home, I rested as I was tired. After checking in with son, I had over an hours nap. I was surprised but I think the dull day did it to me. I just couldn't keep my eyes open. 

I was over to see my neighbour after dinner for a couple of hours. It was nice to visit with her and see what she is making. Two visits in one day was wonderful; son and my neighbour. 

I didn't do any sewing or cleaning in the sewing room. I did knit 3 rows on the shawl before going to bed. It ended up being a lazy day. 

I finally got the word for the outfits I am making. Ensembles. When I sew for the little girl and make a couple of items that match, it is an outfit. When I make the outfits for the dolls that includes everything, it is an ensemble. I would like to get the two Regency ensembles done by the end of December. 

Today

I am going to wrap gifts this morning and get that job done. I don't like wrapping gifts so getting it out of the way will allow me to think of other things. I have to check on son and I would like to make butter tarts for our neighbour. If time, I will start cleaning off the cutting table so I can fill it up when I start cleaning the design table. I am hoping that will happen sooner rather than later. I hope to knit tonight. 

Until the next time..............................................................    

No comments:

Post a Comment