Sunday, December 11, 2022

Christmas Decorating Done

 Yesterday was a cool and grey day. There was one light snow flurry in the morning. The high got to 0.5C. This morning it is -4C and the high is to get to -3C. There is suppose to be sunshine today.

Lifestyle

My first job yesterday was to make buns. I decided to try bread flour which is a hard wheat flour. There was a difference in the dough; more elastic when done kneading. The buns turned out beautiful and were done by noon.

While waiting for the dough to proof and the buns to cook, I cleaned the living room. It was a lot of hard work as I tried to stand and walk correctly while doing it. I got a lot of dirt out of that room including cat hair off the couch. I dusted and put out the few Christmas decorations I wanted. 

When I took the light off the table to put the little tree and snowmen on, the area looked bigger. The light will not be coming back as I don't use it. I will put dimmable bulbs in the pot lights so I can turn them on in the evening. The regular bulbs flicker and are annoying. All I have left to do is wash 2 blankets and keep the room tidy. 

After a quick lunch I did two things I didn't want to do. I had an hour's nap and when I woke up I was starving so I had a small snack. 

Sewing

None done today thought I did look at the fabric. I have decided that I will only make 4 towel holders from it and use the rest as a shirt for myself. I am starting to think about what I would like to sew for myself. 

Knitting

I finished the parasol yesterday afternoon. The last row was a row that, once you got into the rhythm, it went faster than I had thought it would. 

I started a stole for one of the Regency dresses. I used 4 mm needles and a lace yarn for it. It is another easy pattern to follow and is growing quickly. 

Thoughts

    I am going to sell the two lamps that are in the living room. They are too heavy looking for the space. I have chosen a lamp in silver for the table where I sit and won't put one on the other table. Having dimmable overhead lights in that area will give me the extra light I will need/want in the winter. 

    I am walking more each day and find it is tiring doing it correctly. Stand tall, suck in your gut, tuck in your butt and walk heel to toe. It all helps you put equal weight on both sides of your body. But, I'm finding that my core muscles are sore from doing this which is good but tiring. 

Today

I have to go get a few groceries this morning and then am going to the city with daughter-in-law and grandson. Grandson will be here tonight for a few hours studying. I won't get much done but having a day out will be nice. 

Until the next time................................................................

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:22 PM

    The parasol is looking beautiful. I have enjoyed reading your blog for years. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time. I don't know if I could stand tall, suck, tuck, and then heel to toe without falling over! Kidding aside, keep on with your physio and keep making progress.

    ReplyDelete