Monday, December 26, 2022

We Had Christmas V.2

 Yesterday morning we woke to flurries and thought it might be a white Christmas. It wasn't. The high got to -0.4C which was cool. We had some sunshine and very little wind in the afternoon. At bedtime we were under a snow warning. This morning it is gone and we had little to no snow. It was -3C and we are to have a high of 0C with a few flurries. 

Lifestyle

I opened my gifts from daughter in the morning. I got an air fryer from her along with a lot of fun sewing things. Elliott enjoyed snooping through everything smelling the animals daughter has. 


Around noon, I went over to son's and we had lunch together and then got their in-law suite ready for friends who spent the night. While he did some planning I watched TV and then we watched videos on using the air fryer. I am ready to try cooking with this later this week. 

Christmas was saved this year even if it was only son, friends, and myself. We certainly missed daughter-in-law and grandson. We had pot roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli casserole, salad, buns, and apple pie. Though not what planned, it was Christmas dinner version 2. We will have Christmas dinner later on when family is home. 

Sewing

Daughter gave me lots of sewing related items for Christmas. First up I got 2 patterns for the dolls. I can't wait to sew them up for the dolls. 

I also got a pattern and a piece of "grunge" fabric. Another project to make. 

Along with new pins, I got more thread. 

(She gave me chocolate which I am going to share with others as they are new flavours.)

There was also 2 balls of yarn for knitting something nice. It is an acrylic, bamboo, cotton mix and very soft to the touch. 

Thoughts

    Christmas wasn't as difficult as I had thought it would be. We talked about the Spousal Unit and the wonderful memories we had over the years. The hardest part of Christmas was not having family at home so we could all celebrate together. Having to save Christmas also helped us move forward. 

    We broke records on Dec. 23. The high temperature and most rainfall. We were actually warmer than Florida that day. And probably the hot spot in Canada. We are now settling down to more normal temperatures until Jan. 1 when it is going to rain and be 11C. 

Today

My goal is to do some cleaning up so I can do a good cleaning during this week. Gifts, tubs, etc. will be put away. Area that seem messy will be tidied up. I am hoping to get ready to do a bit of set up in the sewing room this afternoon. Tonight I am watching a video on the Cricut Maker as I am hoping I can buy one in 2023. 

Until the next time....................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment