Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Day 4 Part 2 Sewing Room Completed

 Yesterday was sort of wet with almost 1/2" rain falling. The high got to 2.6C. This morning, it is 2C, the north wind is blowing, and it's wet. They say snow but we get a few flakes and then rain. I'm okay with that. 

Lifestyle

I charged around and got the house cleaned up and laundry folded. The house wasn't that dirty but it was nice to have it really clean for company. 

After lunch, I got things ready to cook dinner for my neighbour and I. We had a wonderful turkey dinner. We enjoyed it very much as beef will be served at both of our family's house this Christmas. That will also be delicious. 

Sewing Room

Day 4 - Part 2 of the sewing room clean-up was accomplished. The design table was cleared off, sorted and put back on with one container gone. The table was washed (and it was dirty) and I now feel like I can work in that area. 

I did not do the peg board but it will get done when I do patterns. It looks sloppy but in reality, it is organized. 

I moved to the other part of the design area. It has been kept cleaner and only needed the dust wiped off the old desk. I use this area a lot as I bring up tutorials I've saved, read patterns for the dolls, and look at and edit embroidery files. 

I am going to have to hang a wall hanging on that empty wall. The floor has not been washed but it will get done when I'm finished this end of the sewing room. Next up - the closet. 

The cutting table got a work out in the evening. I had put the cardinal wall hanging I need to finish on it to show my neighbour what I wanted to do. She promptly told me to finish it as it is. It is on the to-do list for 2023. We then looked at the horse wall hanging I want to make for daughter. I've had it 13-14 years and it has scared me to death. My neighbour is going to help me with it so I can complete it this year. I'll start it in January by doing the eyes. In the meantime, I will fold them up and put them away as the cutting table needs to be clean for the next part of the clean up and a bit of sewing. 

Knitting

I did look at patterns for the Gotz dolls and have one I would like to knit. I will get up the yarn and needles to start it in the next couple of days. 

Today

I have to clean up the kitchen as I refused to do the dishes last night. If possible I would like to start a batch of bread which can proof while I have son out for physio. I can finish them this afternoon. I would like to put away the projects on the cutting table. Tonight I may knit but that remains to be seen. 

Until the next time...................................................... 

No comments:

Post a Comment