Thursday, December 08, 2022

A Mistake Corrected

 Yesterday was cloudy and between 1 and 2 pm the temperature was 9.8C. It started to rain about 4 pm and rained all night. There was wind also. This morning, it is raining and the temperature was 11C. It is suppose to rain most of the day. We will be moving from warm and wet to clear and cool on Sunday.

Lifestyle

With the storm coming, my back was sore but I got the spare room, hall, and bathroom floors cleaned and washed. I also made a batch of butter tarts. The kitchen was tidied up and is ready for more baking. Laundry was folded but not put away. 

I took the garbage out yesterday afternoon before the rain and walking down the driveway was somewhat painful. Coming back up was fine. I think it has to do with balance going down hill. I got the job done which was important before it started to rain. And I had a short walk which is also important. 

I tried to rest after lunch but couldn't. I'm going to start pushing myself not to nap to see if it will help my sleeping at night. I know I slept poorer last night due to the wind blowing against the bedroom part of the house (south side, south wind). 

Sewing

I got an idea in my head during the night and had to see if it would work. I had spotted a piece of fabric and knew I had a towel to make myself a Christmas towel topper. I didn't have enough fabric so I pieced it together so the stripes matched as best as they could. It took two attempts to get it right. 

The join is hidden so it is not seen when the towel is hung on the stove. 

The towel is also about 16" wide and it just folds perfectly with no edges showing on the right side. The towels have to be a little less than 6" wide at the top when folded.

Once I got everything ready, it didn't take long to make a towel top holder. It is ready for the button. 

I have 4 more to make for daughter-in-law once I launder the fabric for them. While cleaning the sewing room, I will make myself 4 more as I will like having them when I'm cooking and baking. 

Knitting

I hit a level of frustration on the parasol. I enlarged the picture and lo and behold there is a mistake in the instructions as I had thought. She has missed putting in the chain after the V stitch. I had to rip back and start at round 4 once again. I got round 12 done last night and I'm much happier with the results. 

There are 11 more rounds to crochet and it will be done. A few days left as it is getting bigger. It is an easy crochet as you start and do 7 repeats. 

Thoughts

    Elliott has lost weight so I've now increased his food in hopes of him maintaining his new weight. I'm going to have to follow suit and start decreasing the amount of food I am eating so I can loose weight. 

    I tried out the hot water bottle cover last night and it is lovely to use. The hot water bottle stays warm for along time when wrapped in flannel. 

    I sorted buttons from a friend last night. I'm returning a lot to her as I need 5 or more of the same button for doll clothes. Her collection is a bit like mine -- 1-3 of each button in the size I use. 

    The sewing room is still waiting patiently for me to clean it up. I am hoping that I can spend a couple of hours on it this weekend. I would like to get the design area cleaned up. 

Today

I am going to bake cookies and clean the dining area (once again). I need to launder fabric for towel toppers. I hope to clean up the mess in the family room before taking son to the dentist. I will work on the parasol tonight. 

Until the next time................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment