Wednesday, December 07, 2022

Cool Fabrics

Yesterday was one of sunshine and clouds. The high was 4.9C. This morning, it has rained and is 4C. The high is to get to 10C and we are to have it warm and wet for the next couple of days. 

Lifestyle

I got a phone call in the morning saying I was having flowers delivered and if I would be home. I asked for them to be delivered at 1:30 pm. Daughter-in-law gave me the most lovely bouquet thanking me for helping them. 

I headed out to New Minas to shop and got some items at Walmart and Staples. I need to shop once more and I may be done Christmas shopping. The stores weren't busy which was nice. 

My knee and hip decided to be tired yesterday and walking was a bit of a pain. I used the cane to help but walking on cement floors is tiring at this time. Walking outside is easier. Asphalt has more give to it than cement. I did rest at home for an hour and the pain eased off. 

Daughter-in-law was over to visit last night and we got my schedule done for this week. Tomorrow dentist and Friday physio. Saturday or Sunday I'm going to the city to shop with daughter-in-law and will have grandson for dinner that night. 

Sewing

The hot water bottle is done and doing the binding around the outside bottom part was hard due to the thickness. The Juki motored through the thickness and I got the hand sewing
done with some hand cramping. It isn't perfect but it will do for me. 

The edges at the top of the sides stick out and it annoys me as I couldn't get them to tuck in when hand sewing the ends shut. I think using flannel and batting was the issue doing this style of cover. 

I was to the new quilt shop to get daughter some fabrics. She got 3 pieces and I got one. Mine is to make piping for her. 

It goes perfectly with her choice of foil fabric. 

I got enough fabric to make her at least 6 - 7 meters of piping. 

While at the shop, I talked to the owner about the backing I liked (called Fireside) and it quilts up beautifully. She showed me a sample quilt where she used it as a backing. We also talked about the course using her long arm machine. I'm going to take the course in March as it is 4 hours long and I can't stand that long right now. 

Our discussions on the doll thread at Pattern Review are about this pattern. 

The grey and raisin colours do not make it a stand out dress on the cover but I'm sure it is era correct for colours. I'm thinking of making it due to some lovely pictures of it on Pinterest. I may buy the fabric for this dress.  I need to look at my embroidery files to see if I have an embroidered fancy buttonhole. This is a dress that I will take a while to make as it has a few couture techniques I want to do on it. I'd also like to make a coat and hat to go with it. 

Knitting

I worked on the parasol last night and got a bit more done. I'm getting better at crocheting but it isn't my favourite way to make things. 

I see the terrible joining of rounds. I am improving but it driving me nuts in the process.

Today

I am going to bake butter tarts and do more cleaning of upstairs. It needs my attention once again. I may get downstairs to cut out towel toppers as I found fabric for them. Tonight I will crochet on the parasol. 

Until the next time...........................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment