Wednesday, December 14, 2022

How Stupid Can I Be

Yesterday was another dull grey day. The wind blew from the NE all day. The sun shone at 3:45 pm for a very short time. The high got to -1.6C. This morning it was -5C. We are to have a few flurries today and some sunshine. We wait and see on that. 

Lifestyle

I headed out to do the last of the Christmas shopping and got it done. What ever else I need, I will get locally as the stores are getting very busy now and I hate crowds.

Other than going back to get something I forgot in one store, I spent the rest of the day in the sewing room. At 4:30 pm I picked up grandson from school, went and got some dinner. 

Sewing

While shopping, I went and got the prize I won at the new quilt shop plus I bought one piece of fabric. It was for the bag I want to embroider the Grinch's face on. While there, my bag of embroidery thread fell out into the shopping cart, hence why I had to go back and get it. 

On the way home, I stopped at the other quilt shop and bought more fabric. I'm thinking of what I want to make for next year. I went back and bought more on my way home the 2nd time. 

I already had the brown plaid fabric in the stash that I bought in September. The blue plaid, the birds and the textured fabric I bought yesterday. The bottom picture will be placemats with the blue as the backing. These are for the house in January and won't be started until then. The fabric I bought for son's bag is now going to be used in the placemats. I will dig in the stash for fabric as I know I have something that I can use. 

I did finish the towel toppers and they are ready for buttonholes. That could be done today and I will sew buttons on while the machine stitches out the Grinch. Once the bag is sewn up, I am done sewing for Christmas this year. 

Knitting

I knit on the shawl last night and got another 60 rows done. I am pleased with how it is looking and can't wait to see how it looks with the Regency dress. I'm sure I will be crocheting another parasol to go with this outfit. 

Thoughts

    I am done buying fabric for this year. I need to figure out how much I need for the cardinal quilt which I will buy in January. Other than batting for the quilt, I should have plenty of fabric in the stash to sew before going back to the quilt shops. 

    I walked a fair amount yesterday and wasn't as tired as I have been. I used the cane which helped a lot. The knee hurt a bit during the night but there was a storm passing just north of us. 

    My next big job to do is wrap presents. I need to haul them all downstairs and do it in the family room. Hopefully on Sunday. It is my least favourite job. 

    Once sewing is done, I will be back to cleaning the sewing room. I need to continue on with my plan. I will be setting up my new planner so I can write down what I want to sew this coming year. A lot of the stash has projects attached to them either for the house or for gifts. 

Today 

I need to do laundry and clean the upstairs today and then take the gift to Alberta over so it can go with daughter-in-law. I want to stitch out the bag for son's gift this afternoon after I make buttonholes. We wait and see if that can happen. Then it's knitting tonight. 

Until the next time..................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment