Sunday, December 18, 2022

Regency Stole Completed

 Yesterday was a wet day with a high of 3.0C and nearly an inch of rain fell. There were a few dry spells during the day but not many. This morning it was 2C. The high is to get to 2C and we are to have rain or snow flurries. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I went downstairs and started to wrap Christmas presents. I have about 2/3rds done and realized how much I would love to be wrapping presents in fabric gift bags. A goal for next year. I finished up as I need to find boxes for the rest of the gifts. 

I had a nap in the afternoon. Not a long one as I'm finding it is interrupting my sleep at night. It becomes a vicious circle so I'm trying to break it early in the game. 

Sewing

I thought I would make another gift bag and cut out a taller one from the tutorial. I found a file to digitize -- S'mores skiing which I know grandson would love. It became a fight from the minute I started embroidering. 

I'm not sure if the file is badly digitized in areas as it was loopy when doing the satin filler. I took it out, started again and the same thing. The next part stitched beautifully as did the third part. When it came time to stitch the marshmallows, the loopyness started again. I broke a needle as the foot came off the machine. Then the needle went through the foot and, at that point, I stopped for the day. The foot is ruined which is okay as I have a new one coming in the mail. It is an upgraded one for embroidery and suppose to be much better. I folded up the fabric and have it ready to go away. I will work on it in January.

I spent a few minutes looking at the stash on the shelving unit. I have to say it has decreased in volume in the past 3 years. It is a mess as I have been digging through the piles. Most of the cottons are on one shelf rather than two. Progress is being made. 

While digging through the piles, I realized I need to sew more  gift bags out of the orphans. That way I can use those pieces up. Most will have embroidery put on them to glam them up a bit. I have lots of designs to choose from. The only thing I will have to buy is interfacing though I can quilt a few to use up left over batting. The other thing I can make is mug rugs in a larger size. These are embroidered in the hoop and will use up lots of scraps I have on hand. 

Knitting

I finished the doll's stole. I tried it on Addie before I cast it off. 

I need to have it hang down further in the back but wanted to make sure it was long enough when put on her prior to casting off.

I am hoping that I can read a book before I start a new project. I don't have a project planned for right now. 

Thoughts

    The shortest day of the year will be here this week. Soon we will be having longer days which will be nice. 

    January brings our storms and I will be shovelling snow. I enjoy it as long as it isn't so wet you can see the water run out of it. It is good exercise to strengthen the muscles and it gets me outside. By the time the storms end (end of February, early March) we will be tired of the cold weather, heavy snow falls, and the NE winds. I'm hoping we don't have the terrible storms like we did last year. 

Today

I am going to wrap more presents this morning. I want to check on the Diamond to make sure the timing wasn't thrown out on it. I need to go over and see son to make sure he's fine. I will start cleaning the sewing room (once again) and read a book tonight. 

Until the next time................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment