Friday, May 31, 2019

Gardening Fun

Yesterday was a cloudy day which was cool for spring temperatures. This morning is cloudy again and 8C. We could see showers this morning with clearing this afternoon. We have had a cool spring with the temperatures being 4-6C cooler than the normal. 

Lifestyle

We headed out yesterday to get the flowers and more soil. We got some at one place and more at another. If short, I will buy what is needed at yet another place. 
Once home, we did a bit of yard work. The Spousal Unit has the cucumber tubs at the shed door and small holes dug for where the roses go. He finished weeding a bed. I planted a dahlia into a pot. 
A begonia goes into the red pot and miniatures go in the bottom of the crate. I have two more solar light jars to put out on the front step. 
I got this lovely gerber daisy. I need to find a pot for it as it goes on the other side of the front porch. 
The front porch is done simply this year as we want to refinish the wood on the deck part. 
Son came over last night to install the plugs for the surround sound. He hooked up the TV and we now need to find the remotes. We can't remember where they are in the tubs in the sewing room. 

Health

I've eaten healthy for 3 days now and am feeling better. The bathroom scales say I'm down and I'm happy to know that I'm working on the next 5 lbs. 

Sewing

I did a bit in the sewing room yesterday. The doll's dress bodice pieces needed to have the bias line put on it. 
As I can only find my big rulers I used one of them. I put the 45 degree line onto the center front line (straight of grain) and drew the line on the diagonal. Simple as that. 
The plaid dress is ready to cut out. 

Knitting

I wound two more skeins of yarn while in the sewing room. That is 10 skeins of sock weight yarn to be knit up. 
I can't buy any more expensive yarn in this weight until I knit this up. I did look at the sock weight yarn I knit for the dolls and I have plenty of it for now. I will knit it up and store the items until I can sew outfits to go with them.
I knit on the Cables and Herringbone sweater last night and am back to row 19. 

Today

The goal is to start cleaning the dining room. I have it sorted out in my head what to do. I want to plant the begonia and the big pot on the front deck. In the afternoon, I plan on laying out the second doll's dress and look in one tubs for the remote. This evening I will knit. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment