Saturday, May 04, 2019

House Cleaning Began

Yesterday was another gorgeous day. The high was 17C and the low this morning was 6C. We had a bit of rain during the night and could see more this morning. 

Lifestyle

With all the sunshine and warmer weather, the trees and flowers are really showing their growth. The forsythia are in full bloom, a couple of the magnolia trees have blooms, tulips, Hyacinthus, and bluebells are in bloom. It makes you feel like spring is here. 
Yesterday morning the Spousal Unit and I headed out to get his belt and to look in the greenhouse we have come to love. Seed potatoes (bulk), leeks, and yellow and white Spanish onion plants were bought. 
After lunch, the Spousal Unit mowed the lawn and I scrubbed the coat closet, floor in that area, down the stairs and the front entrance. All the railings and spindles got washed as they have a coat of white dust on them. I also laundered the braided rug at the front door. It was filthy dirty from the guys coming in and out of the house during demolition. It is nice to have a clean entrance area even if only for three days. 

Health

My weight was up 1 pound on Wednesday and it was mostly due to fluid on my knees. With the weather smarting up, my knees and hip are not so sore. I also started turmeric pills to see if that will help. 
My goal this week has been set with a larger goal for the month. I have also set a longer range goal but didn't put a time line on it. I will have to be diligent about it as I was with April's goals. I'm building up to the 50 lb loss mark. The smaller goals along the way make it easier to achieve. 

Sewing

I'm longing to sew again and am all over the board with my thoughts. I'm trying to stay true with my goals and sewing from each of my categories every month. 
I'm thinking that I will go through a couple of tubs of fabric to find the Christmas napkin fabric and launder it. I will also go through the patterns to find a pants pattern to sew. I have the doll pattern dress pattern out and that is ready to start when the sewing room is set up. 
This week, I bought two sewing patterns. Both are Edwardian era and were on my wish list. I got the two for the price of one. I may do three or four Edwardian era outfits this summer.  

Knitting

I have finished the body of the test pattern and begun on the button bands. I would love to finish the button bands this weekend and start the sleeves next week. 
I bought two patterns I wanted on a sale. One is a bolero like I made for Anna and the other is a longer knit vest pattern. Both will be great for outfits I want to make and use up some of the yarn in the stash. 

Today

I need to get some groceries and bagged soil and then it's back to scrubbing. Down the stairs to the basement and the bathroom. I hope to pattern and fabric hunt in the guest room. My one criteria is not to make a mess. 

1 comment:

  1. You are one ambitious gal. Good luck with all your projects.

    ReplyDelete