Sunday, May 05, 2019

Front Entrance Clean For Now

Yesterday started out wet and cool. The rain stopped but it was still cool with a high of 9C. This morning, the temperature is 7C and it's foggy. Suppose to see the sun today with a high of 17C. 

Lifestyle

I have tried to fix the font in the last post but to no avail. Not sure why I'm having an issue but it just won't stay as I want it to. 
The Spousal Unit and I went out to get 8 big bags of soil yesterday. He can play in his vegetable boxes all he wants to. We will be going back on Saturday to look in the greenhouse again to see if they have tomato plants and if they carry the varieties we want. 
I scrubbed the stairs, railing and trim down to the basement yesterday. It was filthy dirty. The restoration company will do it again before everything is moved to the basement. I can now focus on the upstairs. 

Health

With all the rebelling my body has been doing lately, the scales here showed a big drop today. I am eating well, watching portions, and I am hoping it will pay off. The swelling is almost gone from my knees but my back still hurts. I was hoping it would get better as I did housework. 

Sewing

I found the Christmas fabric and got out the fabric for the napkins and placemats. They were laundered and ready for pressing. Napkins first. I need to buy fabric to back and bind the placemats. I also have to find the flannel that will be the batting and launder it. But I have two projects to work on from the craft fabrics.
The two doll fabrics and pattern has been chosen so all I need to find is the garment fabric and pants pattern for me. That could be a hunt and a half. 
I made this dress twice before and need to see if it fits my AG doll. It will be used for both the dresses. 

Knitting

I knit on the doll's sweater and then unknit on it as I wasn't happy with how the neck looked. After I figured out what was wrong, I finished it. 
At this point, the body is done to where the shoulder seams need to be grafted together, the front bands attached to the body and about 25-30 yarn ends woven in. Next is the sleeves. They will be relatively easy as they are elbow length. I'm ready to read row 1 out loud. 

Today

I have a large load of laundry to fold, finish cleaning the bathroom, and tidy up the kitchen. We are going out this afternoon to have dinner with the family and watch the soccer game they went to yesterday. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment