Monday, May 27, 2019

Clean, Then Sew

Yesterday morning it rained, none in the afternoon, and it rained during the night. This morning no rain but we could see showers or drizzle. It seems we get one nice day to 3 or 4 wet ones. Warm to cool overnight. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning, I decided to clean the living room as it was the dustiest area. I wiped the window casings, baseboards, and railings. I also cleaned the end tables and lamps and gave the chair a good wiping. Once that was done, I washed part of the floor on my hands and knees. Though only half done, that area is now clean. The rest of the room will be done tomorrow. When all is done, I will wipe the floor to make sure there are no marks on it. 

Health

I'm hold loosing weight this week. I couldn't get some of the foods I needed as they were sold out. Today I want to stock up on the missing foods in another town. 

Sewing

I finished the doll's dress in the afternoon. I was going to make a tutorial but gave up when the serger thread broke and I had to rethread the machine three times. After serging, I did the gathers and the third row of gathering wouldn't work right on one half. The gathering thread wasn't broken, it was just being stubborn. 
I am pleased with the dress. It fits well. The pattern is a good basic dress. 
I will be using this pattern to cut out another dress. 

Knitting

While cleaning the living room, I cleaned up the knitting stuff on the couch. What is used infrequently went back into its container. I have knitting needles to put away and will only have two projects on the couch. I should look for a basket to put them into so I can put them away if we get company. 
In the sewing room, I found the yarn winder and put it and the swift out on the cutting table. I will spend an hour winding yarn into balls. I have a lot of fine yarn that needs to be done so I can knit them up. I will start with the yarn to finish up my scarf. 

Today

We are hoping to go shopping for groceries and plants. It is time to plant the flower pots and to get the last of the tomatoes. We hope to have everything outside this week and haul it all inside every night. We should be able to leave it out after June 3. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment