Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Tired of The Mess

Yesterday started out sunny and it got cloudy by 11 a.m. and rain shortly after lunch. It is still raining this morning. Not heavy rains but those lovely spring rains. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday we had our hair cut and then took it easy. I think we have had a touch of the flu as we are feeling better. With the house in such a mess, we are also feeling tired of coping with it. It is starting to drive us nuts as we can't do much of anything. 

Health

With not feeling well, I'm not going to get weighed tonight. I am usually exhausted by 4 p.m. and hate the thought of going out. I will watch what I eat for the next week and see what the results of my blood tests are on Wednesday. I hope to eat properly and maintain over the week. 

Sewing

I went around the dining and living areas and picked up all the loose sewing/crafting stuff and put it away. I got a basket from the garage and put the leggings into it. It is ready to go downstairs. I also put the sewing into another basket, some fabric and patterns into a box and called it a day. I will put the dolls into the box as they will be safe in there when stuff is moved downstairs. 
I then allowed myself to think about what I will sew and knit for the dolls. I'm thinking of using this for inspiration.
Found on Pinterest
I have yellow eyelet for the dress (yellow for the lining also). It will be the basic sleeveless dress pattern. I have red yarn to knit a sweater and will buy some buttons, one of which will be a bee. The flower buttons will be used at another time or on the dress. The bee button will become a broach on the sweater. I will have to get a pair of red shoes to complete the outfit. If I make a hat, it will be yellow eyelet with a red ribbon on it. One of the flower buttons could be used on it. 

Knitting

The scarf is 20 rows to completion. I'm happy with how it is coming along. I will set it aside for a couple of days and knit another test pattern. Another sweater with a collar. Not sure of the color yet but the scarf will be white. I will use the scarf in another outfit for winter. The sweater will be included in a fall outfit. 

Today

We are not sure if the contractor will be here today with the trim. As it is raining, and the trim hates water, I foresee it just won't happen. Elliott goes to the vet for his yearly check up and I need to check and see if the downstairs vanity counter top is in. A bit of a busy day though I will knit when there isn't much to do. 
Until the next time..............................

No comments:

Post a Comment