Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Not What I Expected - Drive to Halifax City

Yesterday was another gorgeous day. The sun shone and it got to 19C. This morning it is 0C and is suppose to get too 20C. Rain coming in tonight.

Lifestyle

The Spousal Unit is puttering outside these days. He has trimmed the edges of the lawn and put more dirt in his gardening boxes. He planted lawn seed on one side of the house where it didn't come up last fall. The lawn maintenance company came yesterday and put on the fertilizer he wanted rather than theirs. Yard work is progressing with discussions of replacing the trees in the front of the house. 
I went into the city yesterday. Literally went into Halifax. I wanted to go to the third Fabricville in our area. I had thought it was in an area where we shop occasionally. It wasn't there but in the city. Quite easy to get to once the shock had passed. The store is large, extremely clean, and well organized. The staff were busy keeping everything looking pristine. 
I also stopped and picked up 2 more vegetable boxes for the garden. Next item is a small greenhouse that resides in the basement. Hopefully we will be done buying except for dirt and some plants. 

Sewing

I was asked to test sew a pattern so I'm set up at the kitchen table. The machine is out as is the ironing board. Like many years ago, it all goes away for dinner. It is great to get back into the saddle and make something.
The trip to the fabric store was to get fabric and trims. The selection was great and it was hard to choose. In the end, I went with a pale blue satin for the dress. I chose two laces for the cape. Both are white as there was no blue. 
The first choice is the fastest to make. A simple lace that I can use the edging on the bottom of the dress. 
The second choice will give a more couture look. 
The bottom edging is divine for the bottom of the dress and has to be hand sewn on. 
It will get done if there is time. 
When I got home, I cut the pattern out of stock, traced it onto freezer paper and ironed it onto the satin. It got cut out and the front, back, shoulders and zippers were put together. Not bad for a couple of hours. 
The dress is fully lined and sewn in a way where you can't see any of the seams. 

Knitting

I knit the first sleeve for the sweater and sewed it up. I put one shoulder seam together using a weaving method and love it. I started to unknit the neckband as it is suppose to be ribbed. I will start it over again prior to knitting the second sleeve. Hopefully it will be completed by early next week. 

Today

The floors are to be installed and we are so happy about that. I will be sewing on the doll's dress and the Spousal Unit will be out doing things in the sunshine and warmth. Of course we will be going downstairs to admire the floor as it's being laid. 
Until the next time................................

No comments:

Post a Comment