Tuesday, May 21, 2019

More Cleaning and Moving Items to the Basement

Sunday was warm and sunny. Monday is warm and wet. We knew it was coming so we prepared for an inside day. Today is suppose to have showers but still warm.

Lifestyle

The family room is clean and I'm happy that job is done. The shop vacuum got put under the stairs and 2 nails in a board holds the hose so it isn't in a pile on the floor. The door is closed until I get what I need to hang two items and a tub to put two items in boxes into. 
The bathroom got cleaned to the bathtub and toilet. I did climb up and scrub the window. I'm putting a flower arrangement up there. 
The window lets in a bit of light as it is under the deck. I've decided to use teal and yellow in the bathroom.
But, first we need the plumber to hook up the sink and toilet. 
After a bit of a rest, we took two items to the basement and put them into the sewing room. Once done, I cleaned our bedroom as best I could. 

Health

I'm trying to get myself back on track to eating healthy. I followed the plan to perfection yesterday and I felt much better. 
I'm having issues with pain in my right hip and leg. I have now put heat on it and am stretching it many times during the day and night. Part of the reason it is so bad is I couldn't walk around and up and down the stairs during the renovation time. This weekend I did the stairs up to 10 times a day. It hurt so stretching and heat is the best treatment at this time. 

Sewing

I am happy that we are starting to put the light items back into the sewing room. It says we are ready to claim the downstairs once again. 
I'm buying another cube and legs like this one for the closet.
I can put a lot of notions, trims, etc. into tubs and keep the closet more organized. It also keeps everything safely off the floor. 
I was too tired and busy to find inspiration for sewing yesterday. 

Knitting

One test pattern is complete and I need to steam the scarf and dress the doll for photos. I'm pleased with it. The scarf is 15 stitches wide by 176 rows long. I will knit as close to 200 rows if I knit it again as this one is just works for winding it nicely around the doll's neck.
I knit on my scarf during rest time and I ran out of yarn 3-4 rows from binding off. I have to find my swift and wind the second skein of yarn to finish it up. I am going to crochet one row of single crochet around the cast on and bind off rows to help it lie flat. It curls as every row is knit (circular knitting). 
I cast on another test pattern. It is a vest with a hood. I got the first row knit and it is the same distance around as the sweater I knit. 

Today

The goal today is to empty most everything out of our bedroom closets and store them in the sewing room closet. I think I will set up a box to put items into so I can claim some of my shopping bags back. I can also sort and purge if necessary. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment