Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Out and About

After a day of drizzle, grey skies, and heavy fog (during the night), this morning is sunny. We are enjoying it. 

Lifestyle

We headed to Bedford yesterday morning. We were looking for bagged soil and plants. Neither were found. The soil we want is scarce and the plants looked horrible. 
We are trying to figure out how to do our deck. We've looked at composite decking and found it is very slippery when frosty. We are now looking at a vinyl deck covering we used before. Choices!!

Sewing

I did not sew yesterday. But I did buy a bit of fabric. 
I want to get more of the collection to make several outfits.  I also got broadcloth to use for linings and some tracing pellon. I also got buttons for the two purple polka dot dresses. 

Knitting

I finished the hooded vest last night. 
It fits the doll perfectly. I will steam it a bit and do a photo shoot for the designer. 
I did get out the skeins of sock weight yarn. I need to wind them into balls and start knitting. 
The oldest yarn from 2012 and 2014. 
Newer yarn. The blue was bought in 2015 and the other two in 2018. There is still 2 more skeins bought in 2019 that need to be wound. 
When wound, I'm more inclined to knit it up. In skeins, I admire it. 

Today

We are out this morning to get more plants and look for soil. I'm hoping to get some of the flowers I want otherwise I have to do another trip. In the afternoon, I want to wind yarn. The blue in the bottom picture is needed to finish my scarf. 
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment