Saturday, May 11, 2019

Test Pattern Done

We had several lovely sunny days this past week. It turned cool Thursday with a wind and Friday was cool and wet. Our weather bounces for the next several days. 

Lifestyle

We have not had anyone around to work on the basement since the flooring has been laid. We hope next week will see some activity as we are on week 6 since the flood. 

Health

I lost .8 lb last week and am happy with that. I did fall off the wagon Thursday but got back on it with a vengeance on Friday. 
We are both feeling tired due to the mess upstairs and no work on the basement. We feeling kind of caged in on days we can't get outside to do things. Waiting is stressful. 

Sewing

I finished the test pattern and it is delightful. I crocheted the button loops as I didn't have the patience to make them as in the pattern. 
The fabric for the cape has a scalloped edge on it and I cut it off carefully and hand sewed it to the bottom of the dress. That took about 6 hours. 
I sewed a ruffled trim onto the edge of the cape and around the bottom I put it on the inside. I had enough to do the outside and am thankful for that mistake. The inside of the cape looks finished where it shows. 
I went looking for the bouquet I made for the first bridal gown I made in June 2017 and couldn't find it. I did find the veil and put it on to see how the outfit looked. Cute comes to mind. 
I will be putting all my sewing stuff away as it is rather a pain sewing in the kitchen/dining room. It takes up more space than we like and makes getting around even harder. I had my fling and enjoyed it very much. 

Knitting

I have to finish up the sweater and then it's back to the unfinished projects. I hope I can find buttons to put with this sweater. Pictures when I'm done. 

Today

The plan is to shop and go to the library. It is time to get out of the house for a couple of hours and be away from the mess. I have to finish the sweater today and then it's back to regular knitting.
Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment