Saturday, May 18, 2019

Restoration Almost Done

We've had everything but snow. There was snow at the higher elevation though. Last night there were heavy periods of rain and we are to get more today.  

Lifestyle

The contractor has arrived and gone and his part of the basement. Here are pictures of it about 70% done. 
We love the simple plain trim we chose. It is giving us the look we love. 
The family room will need a color added to it to give it life. 
Elliott went to the vet for his annual check up. He is in good health and we are to try and take a pound off him. He is at the top of his normal weight range. He was cranky afterwards due to his needle. He also got an application to ward off any fleas that he may get. He goes back in 6 months for a dental check up even though his teeth look good now. 

Health

I was to the hospital to give blood for my yearly check up. I was tired from not sleeping well so came home and had a good nap before lunch. My body hates to give blood and I have to deal with mild shock afterwards. A part of my life. 

Sewing

The sewing room now has all of its trim on and we love it. 
I will have to make sure I add a pop of color to this room also as I have a lot of white furniture. 
I am still playing with outfit ideas for the dolls. The rule is to use what is on hand. My inspiration is Dumbo. 
This outfit is based on the plaid fabric I bought and want to make a simple dress from. The plaid will do the talking on this dress and could have a red ribbon belt on it.
I will knit a red bolero for it and use a red button to close it. 
Add a red and yellow necklace, white shoes and you would be ready to go to a performance under the Big Top. 
It's fun to think of ideas using the fabric in the stash. 

Knitting

I was asked to do another test and this designer has lovely sweaters and dresses that are easy to knit. The sweater has a lovely ribbed collar on it and 5 buttons down the front. I'm knitting it in a teal wool. 
The sweater is now completed. I need to trim the woven in ends of the yarn but my scissors are missing. And, I'm getting ready to do another test pattern. While I wait, I will knit on the scarf. 

Today

The plan is to clean the sewing room, put on door handles and move the items that belong in the closet down there. I won't be able to do it all as I need to buy a couple of tubs to store some items in. I'm moving forward to help get the move done quickly. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment