Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Another Project Planned

Yesterday was sunny with a cool wind. The high got to 10C. Today is suppose to be similar. Nights are cool with temperatures dropping to 1 or 2C. No frost which is great. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday was suppose to be clean the basement day. My knees were sore and had fluid on them so I didn't do the job. Good thing as the Spousal Unit ran the vacuum cleaner and fine dust made the air white. 
I did move around by doing a lot of laundry and then going out to get some groceries. 

Health

We will see what the scales say tonight but I'm thinking it will be a small loss or a small gain. The fluid is almost gone off my knees this morning so the pain has been weather related. We did have a lot of storms this month. 
While shopping yesterday, I had cravings. I let myself wander the store to see if I could track what I wanted. When I finished up, it was for cheese, so my treat tonight is a cheese sandwich. Everything else I looked at just didn't want to jump into the cart. I'm glad I took the time to sort out the craving. I'm starting to think the hunger this week has been stressed related. 

Sewing 

As the basement gets closer to being completed, I get more excited about sewing again. Yesterday I dug around in the garage and found the tub of doll patterns. I did choose the dress pattern I want to sew up. I see I had traced it out onto the tracing pellon. I dug out the doll slopers and will have to see if the pattern bodice fits the AG doll. I will do a quick muslin when I can sew again. I am a bit worried it might be too tight though the pattern was too big on the My Life As A...... doll. 
I did pair up some knitting and fabric for a second outfit. 
I plan on running the red line down the center of the dress bodice unless I put it on the bias. I plan on lining the bodice with white broadcloth. 
I have decided to make Christmas napkins as my first craft project when the sewing room is set up. They are time consuming but easy to sew after the prep work is done. 

Knitting

I got carried away and knit on the test pattern during the day. By bedtime, I had knit enough to start the dividing for fronts and back. 
The yarn is Downton Abbey in the Sybil line. The grey is Gull and the cream is Cloud. The yarn is a #2 weight but I had to go down a needle size to get gauge. 
My brain hated the first row of the pattern. I ended up reading the pattern out loud to get it correct. There is no issue with the pattern just with my brain. 
The sweater has elbow length sleeves which will work over a sleeveless dress. 

Today

I am going to clean the downstairs bathroom regardless of the dust from the vacuum cleaner. The restoration company sends a crew into clean so they can clean up the dust. I have to get some items at the other grocery store as they are on sale until tonight. It is also weigh-in tonight. 
Until the next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment