Sunday, May 26, 2019

I Got To Sew

Yesterday was a warm and lovely day. The high got to 22C. Today is cooler, cloudy and rain is in the forecast. 

Lifestyle

I had to go out in the morning to help a lady's group and then the Spousal Unit went out to help family. We all went out for lunch. 
We sat outside for a bit in the afternoon soaking up the sunshine. It was nice and made us think of our big umbrella.

Sewing

I spent the morning in the sewing room cleaning off the sewing cabinet (onto the big rack) and setting up the sewing machines. I raised the height of the cutting table to 36" which is much easier for cutting out. I also set up the ironing board. 
Once I had what I needed, I cut out a doll's dress from Butterick 6265.
I was a bit skeptical on the fit as I had made it for another doll a couple of years ago. The fit looks big on View C (blue dress). 
I spent some time working on a technique for sewing the bodice and was happy with the results. I used a lot of steam to help the bodice seams look sharp. 
The bodice fits perfectly and I am pleased with that. I didn't do any adjustments to the pattern when I did one fitting. 
I have to do the skirt next and the dress will be done. 
I made this one in March for the Gotz dolls. It inspired me to make one for the AG dolls. 
I have another .5 meter of the fabric in the stash that I will use for something that isn't a dress. 

Knitting

I have finished the body of the hooded vest, picked up the stitches for the hood and have knit 8 rows on it. I have a lot of knitting left to do on the hood. 
I want to knit boleros for the purple dot dresses in white yarn I have in the stash. They are on the list to knit after I test knit a doll's sweater, finish my scarf and do grandson's socks. 

Today

This morning I have a couple of loads of laundry to do and I want to start cleaning the living room. I'm not sure if it will all get done as it is the dirtiest area from the construction. In the afternoon, I will sew on the doll's dress. I would love to get the skirt sewn onto the bodice. 
Until the next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment