Monday, May 13, 2019

Sewing Is Being Put Away

Though today was suppose to be sunny (bright pink sky last night), it is cloudy today in preparation for the rain tomorrow. The last couple of days have been sunny but with a cool wind. 

Lifestyle

On Saturday we headed out to Coldbrook to look at the plants they have in the greenhouse. We bought two varieties of tomatoes -- Roma and beefsteak. They did not have grape tomatoes so we headed to the other greenhouse and got them. We did go to the library before heading home. 
Yesterday, we had Mother's Day breakfast with family and headed home to get flower delivered from Daughter. 
The Spousal Unit planted potatoes, carrots, and beets in the garden boxes while I did some clean up and finished a knitted project. 

Health

I have been tired this week. Not sure if it is tired of waiting for the basement to be finished or if my thyroid is acting up. I'll know next week after I see the doctor. I've been waiting for my thyroid to slow down after many months of being slightly over active. 

Sewing

I have the vast majority of the sewing put away. The rest will be done today. Though I enjoyed sewing, having everything out adds to the disaster and makes it hard to move around. 
I bought another doll last night. Her red hair was what sold me. 
The doll is Marie-Grace, her eyes are Isabelle, and her hair is Blaire. She is gorgeous but quite a combination. She is traveling across Canada from the city where I was born. 

Knitting

I finished up the test knit. I am meh about it. Could be my yarn choice as the pattern is really nice. 
I used what was required and went down a needle size. It fits bigger than I like. If I make it again, I'll use a finer yarn and do a gauge swatch. I cleaned up the yarn and mess made by weaving in the ends. I got out the scarf I was knitting on in January. I put it away to do a lot of other knitting and finally it is back on the list to finish. 
I'm over half done and still love it. I will keep knitting on it until I am finished. At the moment, I have no doll clothes to knit. One is perking in my mind but I'll leave it there for now. When the other project is complete, I will be knitting the doll's sweater and a scarf for Daughter. I want to see how she likes it for riding. 

Today

The goal is to finish tidying up the sewing stuff and put it away into their storage spots. After that, I want to work in the basement doing door handles, switch plates and whatever else I can do. I also need to go and buy groceries sometime today.
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment