Thursday, May 30, 2019

A Long Nap

Yesterday was grey with very little, if any, rain. The sun tried to shine late in the day which was nice. Today is another grey day with some drizzle. The temperatures are not hot but not freezing. We will take it. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday I finished cleaning the living room. It took me 2 full hours to do half the room. The furniture is now clean with 80% or more of the cat hair gone. The throws are washed and back on the furniture. The floor was scrubbed on my hands and knees. What do we like about this area? The minimalist look. No clutter at all. What do we need in the area? A container for my knitting so my project is contained. 
I realized that our house was well past my stress threshold while the basement was being redone due to the flood. It was full of our downstairs belongings. We tended to just dump items here and there while living in these conditions. I was shutting down to cope. I was ignoring the mess but it wasn't ignoring me. Cleaning up the garage made me realize how much I had shut down. Cleaning the living room made me realize how much I need to do upstairs to reclaim our minimalist look. I'm ready even though it will be a long process as I want to be thorough. I will be going through everything we own. There will be decisions to be made but I think I can handle that. 

Health

I have tracked for two days in a row and am feeling much better. Like our house, my eating needs to be minimalist. No extras; just nutritionally packed foods. 
My sleeping habits turned back lately. Up during the night as I couldn't sleep. Tired during the day as I sleep horrid. Yesterday afternoon, I napped for a good hour and then slept all night. I am hoping my horrid sleep habits are over for the time being. 

Sewing

No sewing yesterday due to the long nap I had. 

Knitting

I started on a doll's sweater, got to row 19 and saw the first button hole was in the wrong place (pattern error). I ripped it all out and did two rows. Ready to do the first buttonhole row correctly. I do love the pattern and it is a fairly easy knit. 
I did collect two more skeins of light yarn to wind. They didn't get wound but they are on the table to be done. 

Today

We are heading out to get flowers and a few groceries this morning. I would love to wind the yarn, launder the pieces of fabric I bought, and fold the laundry I did yesterday. Then knit and think about the tutorial for the next doll's dress I am going to make. 
Until the next time.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment