Saturday, March 02, 2019

Out and About Before It Snows

Yesterday was a lovely sunny day with not much wind. The high got to 1C which is the warmest we've had for a while. Today it is suppose to snow so we are ready for it. 

Lifestyle

As we are under a snow warning today, we headed out yesterday for a good part of the day. We went to New Minas to do a bit of shopping, have lunch, and then get apples on our way to Wolfville. We took the back roads home and stopped at the library before arriving at the house. It was a wonderful day out and about. It helps stave off cabin fever. 

Health

My weight has stalled again. I'm sitting at the same weight since Wednesday morning. I am eating correctly and tracking it all. I'm thinking I need to tighten up a bit on what I'm eating. I've cut out the evening snack. I may have to eat less at dinner though I am always hungry. I always leave points at the end of the day. Time to think about what I need to do. 
Yesterday we had lunch at Subway, a place where I can order a salad. I get the chicken salad with no cheese and have the dressing on the side. Yesterday's salad was huge and the only points was the dressing. It is nice to be able to make good choices when eating out. 

Sewing

I didn't sew yesterday as we were out and about but I officially started 

Pattern Academy 

I started printing out this week's homework sheets and the syllabus. I watched the first welcoming video and am ready to measure my dolls. As I begin, I will make a list of items I need to buy. I think I will need a big binder for this course. I'm really excited to get started and know I will have to do a couple of items each day to keep up. 

Sewing Academy

I went over to punch holes in both Sewing and Design Academy course work. I took a small look at the Sewing Academy work book and I'm blown over by what I have left to do. There are only videos to go with the course so it is one that I can do on my own after I finish these courses. I'm thinking during the summer when its hot outside. Part of my brand is couture sewing and this is what I need to get there. 
Am I feeling overwhelmed? You bet I am but I'm looking forward to learning lots over the next several month. I do know I will be reviewing the courses next fall when things slow down. 

Knitting

These are grandson's socks prior to starting the heel flap. I'm half done the flap on the green body sock. It's easy to do. I watch Lucy Neatby's course I bought on Craftsy to help keep me doing it correctly. My new technique for these socks is doing 2 colors when I shape the heel. I am ready to tackle that now. 
I am taking part in a knit along. I am doing a coat, cap and boots. Today it is to search for the right yarn in the stash and if it is the yarn I want, I will have to wind it into a cake. When I am done the first heel flap, I will cast on the coat and knit 10 rows before I do the second heel flap. 

Today

I need to clean the bathroom and sweep floors before heading down to the sewing room to find the yarn and start measuring the dolls. If it snows a lot before dinner, I will need to shovel snow mid afternoon. 
Until the next time.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment