Friday, March 15, 2019

Design Ideas

Yesterday was another sunny warm day. The high got to 9C and this morning it was 0C. Today is going to be warm with rain later this afternoon. 

Lifestyle

Yesterday morning I was at our son's so the housecleaners could get in. It was a relaxing time watching TV with no one around me in the basement. 
After lunch, we headed to the library and then got the car washed. I need to clean it along the bottom of the sides as it didn't come right clean. It was very dirty and the spray just didn't get it all off. 

Health

We have been tired lately. Wake up tired, tired all day, and go to bed tired. Our house has been to warm day and night even with the heat turned down. I'm coming up with a plan to help cool the house off. It will include opening windows in the afternoon. 
I have been eating within my points and set a mini goal for the rest of March. It's tiny -- 1 lb for the rest of the month. Once my course work is done, I want to add some walking on nice days. 

Sewing

I've been looking at doll clothes with the idea of designing and sewing a fun top for the dolls. Today I saw what I had drawn up in Design Academy. 
I'm now going to change it up and make either a flared skirt or a peplum skirt. I don't want gathers as it has already been used by this designer. 
I love this idea also. I'm really thinking about how I can design this for the dolls. 

Pattern Academy

I did a couple of hours on skirts and got the yoke, tulip, and peplum skirt alterations. The skirt alterations are making me look more carefully at ideas for the dolls hence the above pictures. 
Next up on skirts is the tier skirt and I really am looking forward to that. I have this idea that I designed and had no idea how to go about getting the gathers right. I did figure out how to cut the fabric though. 
There is also the flared wrap skirt and it's on to pockets, waistbands and pants. Week 4 is wrap up so I have 15 days to finish the course in. 

Knitting

While at son's house, I knit on grandson's socks and got a good 12 rounds knit. I had to spend some time counting as I thought I had an uneven number of stitches when I needed an even number. All was fine. 
In the evening, I knit on the coat for the dolls. I have about 8 more rows to knit before I add the sleeves. I still have yarn left; not enough to finish. The extra yarn from the second skein will make the hat, boots, and scarf for the dolls and maybe mitts as there is a pattern out there. 
I found another sweater pattern I'd love to try. I am going to try it in a 3 month size using a finer yarn and smaller needles. I have yarn to spare to try this one out. 

Today

I have some housework to do, skirt patterns to work on and we leave this afternoon to pick up our family at the airport. Their 7 day holiday in London, England is over and we can't wait to hear about their experiences. 
Until the next time..........................

No comments:

Post a Comment