Monday, March 04, 2019

Wonderful Family and Friends

Yesterday morning we woke to about 5" of snow on the ground. It was a beautiful sunny day though which we loved. This morning, it is snowing again but it is warmer out at -4C. Elliot won't be able to sun tan today. 

Lifestyle

Our friends across the road started up their snowblower at 7 a.m. Next thing we knew they were over at our place shoveling our driveway. The Spousal Unit went out to thank them. After breakfast he went out and finished up around the car. We are so grateful having such nice people in our lives. At 11:30, Son and Daughter-in-law showed up to shovel our driveway. What a surprise to see it done and who had done it. Family certainly looks after us well also. 
The Spousal Unit and I finished the puzzle yesterday afternoon. We had to move 2 pieces and look for one (found under a chair) before we could complete it. 
The next puzzle is out and driving the Spousal Unit crazy. The pieces are not the traditional cut but all over the board for shape. Another challenge in our puzzle world. 
The upstairs is cleaned up. I did our bedroom yesterday and cleaned up a lot of fluff. It was a thorough clean up so I only have to touch it up for the next week. 

Health

I have been tightening up a bit on my eating habits and had a low just before dinner. I could feel it coming on as I was getting grouchy. Did my blood and it was 4.9. Our scales said I was down today so the low blood reading was a combination of eating less and loosing weight. 

Sewing

I spent the afternoon working on the course. This week is bodices and there is so much to learn. The focus yesterday was princess lines from the shoulder and the arm. 
To date we have manipulated darts through the pivot and slash methods using slopers. I have done a few with the AG doll but we are focusing on the smaller size. I have shown a picture of the back bodice so you can see the size difference. 
Having darts or pleats at the neckline was fun to do. It sure opens up possibilities when designing patterns. 
The next one I worked on was princess lines. Two kinds - from the shoulder and from the arm. 


And I had to do the American Girl doll size also. 
I asked about another size sloper and quickly got a response so will be doing that size also. 
This course is keeping my mind very active. I'm thinking about the outfit I designed in the last course. 
I can see endless possibilities with the bodice - pin tucks, surplice, plain, princess. The neckline could be rounded as shown or V neck. So many choices. I'm thinking the found neck with a plain and a pin tuck bodice. That is as far as I have gotten as I don't want to get ahead of the course. 

Knitting

I found the yarn for the coat, hat, and boots and got started. I stopped as I need to buy needles in a size I don't have. I will get them tomorrow when shopping. 
Grandson's socks are moving along at a steady pace. I turned the heels and picked up all the necessary stitches to go back into the round again. I being decreasing the heel flap needles until I get back to the original number of stitches. 
I'm glad I got both socks done before bedtime last night. Now I don't have to worry about what I did with the first one to get the second one the same. 

Today

I have to get a few groceries, do work on the budget, hem Son's jeans, and work on the back princess seam and the last bodice I want to play with today. I won't get much more than the floors swept but I'm fine with that. 
Until the next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment